Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mers of Tennessee!

Hey! I am in the Bybee area near White Pine!
    "Just Because I'm a Fresh Water Mer Does Not Imply I Can't be Salty!" The Mermaid Fae

Yes Ma'am
    "Just Because I'm a Fresh Water Mer Does Not Imply I Can't be Salty!" The Mermaid Fae

Oh my goodness! I’m in Morristown! Let’s go swim! Do you have an Instagram or Facebook? You can message me on there, my name is Mary Katherine Rogers.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I do! Angela Pavlovsky aka The Mermaid Fae. Where do you typically swim? I am a Douglas Mer but with the water down I have to go to the Community Center in Newport. I live closer to Morristown though.

Quote Originally Posted by MerFae Angel View Post
    I do! Angela Pavlovsky aka The Mermaid Fae. Where do you typically swim? I am a Douglas Mer but with the water down I have to go to the Community Center in Newport. I live closer to Morristown though.
    I messaged you on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Katherine View Post
    I messaged you on Facebook.

I am teaching atm but I will get it shortly. I am so happy to find a local Mer!

I am so grateful to find a pool in columbia that allows me to swim in my monofin, and I ended up purchasing a Mertailor cover for it. The pool accepted the covering as well once I showed them how easy it was to get out of. I am hoping to take a picture in it later on, after I modify the cover a bit. Hope everyone is doing alright with the big storm that hit this week.

Hey guys! I'm in the Nashville area and would love to find some buddies to swim with. I don't have a tail yet but I'm getting a monofin really soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidKalila View Post
    Hey guys! I'm in the Nashville area and would love to find some buddies to swim with. I don't have a tail yet but I'm getting a monofin really soon!
    Welcome, MermaidKalila! Nice to meet someone nearby.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would want to meet up and swim together at some point, like a meet and greet but add water... I have yet to meet a mer, being as land locked as tennessee is, but I would love to make friends with people that have a similar love for the water. Please let me know your thoughts ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by tealmermaid View Post
    Welcome, MermaidKalila! Nice to meet someone nearby.
    Hi Teal Mermaid!

It's nice to meet you too! Do you know of any good pools in the area that allow tails and monofins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone would want to meet up and swim together at some point, like a meet and greet but add water... I have yet to meet a mer, being as land locked as tennessee is, but I would love to make friends with people that have a similar love for the water. Please let me know your thoughts ^-^
    Absolutely Yes! I'm brand new to mermaiding but really want to get connected with you all. Meet and greet + water sounds awesome!

I know that the muletown rec center in columbia allows monofins and fabric covers, I have yet to ask about silicone tails as it may be a bit more of a touchy subject. They do have lifeguards as well as an indoor and outdoor pool, and foam boards.

That's awesome! That should work for me When do you wanna meet up?

Honestly, I could swim on weekend mornings, but I am rarely up so early because I work night shifts. I do however, go swimming between my classes on Monday and tuesday, will any of those days work?
    Swim Safely, and Smile Brightly ~ Mermaid Velos ^-^

Weekend mornings or possibly a Tuesday afternoon could work for me

Would around 2 50pm to 5 30pm next tuesday work? (On the 19th) I am still going swimming if you decide you would like to last minute. Hope everyone is doing alright.
    Last edited by Mermaid Velos; 03-17-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Swim Safely, and Smile Brightly ~ Mermaid Velos ^-^

Junior Member Pod of The South
    **Waves**

I'm in the Chattanooga area atleast once or twice a month. Definitely open to meeting in the area, even though I life about an hour and a half south of there.

Welcome, Colinde. Nice to meet you!