Thread: How To Start A Mermaid Youtube Series

Senior Member Pod of Cali introverting's Avatar
    Add introverting on Facebook
    Follow introverting on Tumblr Visit introverting's Youtube Channel

How To Start A Mermaid Youtube Series

I felt like there should be a thread about this and may deem helpful to some people online. I'm sure there are many out there wanting to start such a big project one day but don't know how to go about it. This thread is for any tips, pointers, and advice you all might have to offer. Especially for those who are involved in acting, filming, or theatre. I myself am having a little trouble with organizing a web series at the moment, but that's a whole other topic that I may be creating a thread for soon so stay tuned

Here's some things I have found helpful:

First, find out what your show will be about. What helps me is starting with a story map—listing the protagonist, antagonist, setting, wish, and conflict. Maybe write out a list of rising actions for each episode, and use that to start a script. I also suggest making sure that each episode shows progression throughout the overall plot, so it doesn't become boring for viewers. I'll keep the story writing part simple, but if you want to further add dynamic to details like character development, backstories, etc., I highly recommend this book called
    "Writing With Emotion, Tension, & Conflict" by Cheryl St. John.

Next, find people willing to help out with filming, preproduction, postproduction, or willing to act. It is a huge help finding people willing to collaborate with you. Ask around amongst your friends and family. Put up a craigslist ad. If you belong to a pod, ask amongst them! For casting, there's this really great website called backstage.com that shows talent within your area. There are also filters for your preferences. Choose locations to shoot at based on the cast and crew's locations/their flexibility to travel/what you will be filming. Be efficient when scheduling filming times. Get notice through social media platforms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    I love that this thread exists! Thank you for starting it! We're well on our way to creating a great series! We have more than one hundred actors, mermaids fairies, stunt experts and VFX experts working with us, but we still need more. I'll be checking back here often!! Thank you again!
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 05-07-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus the Mermaid View Post
    I love that this thread exists! Thank you for starting it! We're well on our way to creating a great series! We have more than one hundred actors, mermaids fairies, stunt experts and VFX experts working with us, but we still need more. I'll be checking back here often!! Thank you again!
    That sounds amazing! If you need more helpers why not put a shout out here on MerNetwork? I'm sure there are people on here with skills that could be useful to you, just ask for what you need!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Quote Originally Posted by leomar View Post
    That sounds amazing! If you need more helpers why not put a shout out here on MerNetwork? I'm sure there are people on here with skills that could be useful to you, just ask for what you need!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!!!
    I created a thread in the Texas pod forum, but I probably should go ahead and start a thread in the general forums and see if anyone is willing to make the drive!! Thanks, leomar! ^.^

Member Pod of Texas MerDragon Arie's Avatar
    Add MerDragon Arie on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus the Mermaid View Post
    Thanks!!!
    I created a thread in the Texas pod forum, but I probably should go ahead and start a thread in the general forums and see if anyone is willing to make the drive!! Thanks, leomar! ^.^
    Yea I agree we should totally try to branch out to all of Mernetwork! You never know some people might be willing to drive & help us out!

​I'll get a thread started ASAP!

Yes also I've noticed with a lot of them is the camera and sound quality is not that great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk