Thread: Delfina Mermaid tails???

Delfina Mermaid tails???

I'm looking to purchase a Delfina mermaid tail, but there is so little info about them online. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    No but I seen quite a few of them at the last Mermania thingy over in the US. I wasn't there personally to inspect them though. Just the videos other mers made of the event. They do look quite nice but the price is way too much.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I got one last fall. Have not had many chances to use it. The printing is lovely. The stitching is a bit loose, so one has to be prepared to sew it back when the seams pop. The monfin also looks like it may not hold up under stress, The plastic looks a bit scratched.

Probably better if you are outside the US of A. Mine was shipped from Moscow Russia. Was a bit uncertain if I would get it or not. The packaging was well done.

I have got one.

I got it because of the print, it looks really realistic. The colours on the website do not represent reality, though (maybe use Youtube videos for that). I am quite happy with it. However, it is wayyy to long for me, so I had to shorten it (in terms of the top part that is supposed to be around your waist/belly reached my décolleté) and the fin itself if really awkward. You put your feet through two holes in the fabric that covers the plastic. While swimming it is stretchy which makes your feet bounce on the plastic if that makes sense. So I used some plastic straps from normal fins and industry glue to make some sort of holdings over the feet inside the fabric. This helped a lot. Overall I think those are one of the most realistic looking fabric tails out there. I plan to add some side fins, heel fins to cover them and a back fin, as well as something at the very end to cover the opening of the fabric at the fin.
    I got mine shipped from Russia, too.
    I hope this helped! Good luck in finding your tail!

Mermaid Miradis

Does anyone know if the Delfina monofin is the same as a Fin Fun monofin? From pictures it looks very similar if not identical, just wondering if a Delfina skin would fit over the top of my Fin Fun monofin?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by leomar View Post
    Does anyone know if the Delfina monofin is the same as a Fin Fun monofin? From pictures it looks very similar if not identical, just wondering if a Delfina skin would fit over the top of my Fin Fun monofin?
    I read somewhere on the website that if you own a Magictail monofin the skin will suit it fine. Considering that the Magictail monofin fits the Fin Fun skins, I am assuming a Fin Fun monofin would be fine.

I have been tempted recently to acquire one as well. I love the 3D effects on the fabric.

Delfina Tails now look like they have a newer style, it almost looks like it covers the Mahina Monofin. It claims it is on a Silkone Monofin, but has no real details. It looks like it may only be available in one color. It looks like it pins to the monofin? I can't describe the photo on their website... I will try contacting them, although I believe they are a German company. I would hope some one there speaks English! Most other countries teach their kids both English and their own language.... I'll let you know if they reply-
    Unless, some one here has ordered one and can answer my questions too!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidenspins View Post
    Delfina Tails now look like they have a newer style, it almost looks like it covers the Mahina Monofin. It claims it is on a Silkone Monofin, but has no real details.
    The whole "silikone" thing I've found is just a translation error or misunderstanding with the Mahina Monofins. A lot of German and Russian sellers tend to not understand it's made of recycled rubber, and while silicone is a type of rubber, it doesn't mean it's made of silicone. Hope that sorts out some confusion around that

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I found what I was looking for in the 'Customer Photo Gallery'. There is close up photos of the new style showing the way the package comes and how it (basically) attaches to a Mahina that maybe they alter a bit. There seems to be holes in four places to connect the fluke to the fabric tail. I will see if they continue to roll out colors, since I live the purple tail, and am painting my Mahina black- it will match better. Not sure if they will sell the outfit without the monofin- hopefully they will also make that an option. I am linking a picture from their gallery here- there are a few more to give you more visual of how it works!
    http://delfinamermaid.com/wp-content...-6KEPUV9eE.jpg

I saw the photo before it- and noticed it isn't really a Mahina. The back of the foot straps are not solid rubber. They are different. If you look closely at the 'package', it shows the foot straps are fabric. And, the fluke has no yellow streaks like the Mahina. The shape is the same from what I can tell-
    http://delfinamermaid.com/wp-content...AUEmwAaf8o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidenspins View Post
    I saw the photo before it- and noticed it isn't really a Mahina. The back of the foot straps are not solid rubber. They are different. If you look closely at the 'package', it shows the foot straps are fabric. And, the fluke has no yellow streaks like the Mahina. The shape is the same from what I can tell-
    http://delfinamermaid.com/wp-content...AUEmwAaf8o.jpg

It IS Mahina, they've removed the back strap, and called it their own invention. Mahina is trying to get them to stop selling her fins.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Has anyone bought from them recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    Has anyone bought from them recently?
    I saw one in US Mercon from last year or the year before. It was the classic Fin Fun fluke shape.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Thanks. They're a nice skin!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    I have one of their tails in the adult size, and it's simply a more detailed FinFun skin with a poorly sewn hemline (I had to repair mine after two swims) that involves sewing the elastic to the edge, rolling it, and sewing again to create the hem, which means once that thread starts going, it unfurls....Quickly...

The fact it'll fit a FinFun is one perk, because the footpockets of their 'adult' fin cannot fit on my feet(8.5 US), even with fighting - it simply is more like a Jr, than a Pro/Adult, so swapping that out won't be as much a problem. Downside to the fluke pocket is it's also liable to unravel as well with stretching over time to wash the skin.

Their '3-D technology' is more like white spots printed into the pattern, not actual raised edges that I had the impression of from the photos taken. It is a nice length though, easily pulling up over the belly, which I prefer in a tail as I don't like showing off my belly.

Overall, it's a very expensive knock-off of FinFun, but an aesthetically pretty tail with a front and back design.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Thanks, I am forewarned.