Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Events for Mermaids/Mermen in Washington?!

Events for Mermaids/Mermen in Washington?!

Hey guys! I'm fairly new to the mercommunity and i wanted to know if there were any events for a mermaid to go to, or any mermeetups coming up! Does anyone know of any events going on this summer that would be fun to go to?? (Festivals, community events, charity events,etc)

Quote Originally Posted by The_MermaidBrianna View Post
    Hey guys! I'm fairly new to the mercommunity and i wanted to know if there were any events for a mermaid to go to, or any mermeetups coming up! Does anyone know of any events going on this summer that would be fun to go to?? (Festivals, community events, charity events,etc)
    There is a Facebook tentative plan for a mermeetup here :
    https://www.facebook.com/events/228246677522256/?ti=icl

I don't know of anything else big, but would also love to meet more mers in the pacific northwest :3

OMG that looks like so much fun! I totally want to go to that!

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hosting a boat cruise/outdoor swim in July.

I'd also really like to rent the Colman Pool for my birthday (last weekend in August), but would need merfolk to commit and pitch in. (renting the pool is expensive.) Will probably post something about that soon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post

I'd also really like to rent the Colman Pool for my birthday (last weekend in August), but would need merfolk to commit and pitch in. (renting the pool is expensive.) Will probably post something about that soon-ish.
    The boat cruise and swim sounds really fun! And it would be fun to rent out a pool and get a bunch of merfolk together! If you need any help planning that, let me know!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I went on the Bainbridge cruise last year and it was hella fun, definitely going again this year! I also hope we can get together and all pitch in to rent Colman Pool for Ed's birthday. It's 100% worth the expense. It's an outdoor saltwater pool in a wooded park in West Seattle that looks out over the Sound: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/aquatics/colman.htm

If we all pitched in a little, im sure it wouldnt be that much! And im for sure going on the cruise so im really excited to meet everyone!

There is a lovely group called Una's Fantasea Cove that does tons of events in the Oregon/Washington area (link here: https://m.facebook.com/UnasFantaSeaCove/), and it's a lot of fun! We're pretty much booked every weekend starting mid June or so, and we get in for free wherever we perform. We did Faerieworlds last year!
    Lyra the mermaid <3

I acually just discovered them! Ive been talking back and forth with Una and i think im going to seafair and portlandia mermaid parade, and hopefully all the other events!! ♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by The_MermaidBrianna View Post
    I acually just discovered them! Ive been talking back and forth with Una and i think im going to seafair and portlandia mermaid parade, and hopefully all the other events!! ♡♡♡

Awesome! I go to pretty much every event so I'll probably see you at one!
    Lyra the mermaid <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ottery View Post
    Awesome! I go to pretty much every event so I'll probably see you at one!
    Yay! Im beyond excited! This will be my first events as a mermaid!

Thank you for sharing that link. Looks like an awesome group and now i know of some more local events!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome! Glad I could help!
    Lyra the mermaid <3

Hey mers!! Summer has finally arrived and i know there are a TON of mer events taking place here in the PNW. Im trying to fill in my schedule so i know which days to take off. I have some events im doing this summer with Una's group, but i know there are others i would like to attend (mermeetups,fesitvals, etc) so whats going on this summer mers??! I think we should all start planning a mermeetup here in Washington! Also, i know there is a steamboat cruise coming up in July, are any of you guys going to that?? Let me know what mer-related events everyone is going to this summer! I need a pod! And friends! 😣 And if anyone wants to help me out in planning a huge mermeetup! Please dont heisitate to join! I might make another thread for that, or just leave it on this one.

(Also, a Bainbridge beach clean up is coming up in September, and i think it would be loads of fun to all go and help Bainbridge clean up their beaches! )

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post

I realize this was posted a little while ago, but I just saw it! The cruise/outdoor swim sounds awesome! And I would totally commit to pitching in for renting the pool in August!

Junior Member North Pacific Pod tessie's Avatar
    Add tessie on Facebook
    Definitely up for any meet ups in the area! I just need to know when so I can make sure I'm free.

The_MermaidBrianna, if you ever need help planning anything, hit me up!
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

I'm curious if any mermaids up here go to any fantasy, fairy, or pirate cons up here? And if you perform?
    I noticed the Fantasy Faire in Tacoma has applications for vendors and performers. It seems like it would be fun to get a little-ish pool full of mermaids or something at a faire like that.

Umm yesss!! Id be totally down for the fair in Tacoma!! Im performing at seafair pirates landing this coming up saturday, and portlandia mermaid parade in juky, but.other than those, i NEED more events! It would be soo much fun to perform at fantasy faire!!

The website says that its for people who have handcrafted things to sell. Hmm any mers here want to sell some things and have a group of mers backing you up?!