Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Events for Mermaids/Mermen in Washington?!

Quote Originally Posted by The_MermaidBrianna View Post
    The website says that its for people who have handcrafted things to sell. Hmm any mers here want to sell some things and have a group of mers backing you up?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Well, I do have art prints that I could sell. But I was wondering if a group of mermaids might fit better within the performances area...? Not sure. It would be something we would probably have to contact the people in charge of the faire about.

Umm yesss!! Id be totally down for the fair in Tacoma!! Im performing at seafair pirates landing this coming up saturday, and portlandia mermaid parade in juky, but.other than those, i NEED more events! It would be soo much fun to perform at fantasy faire!!

That's awesome that you are performing in a couple places already. I'm curious, what type of stuff do you do at those performances? Are you in the water?

I would definitally be up for this! If you contact a few other mers in the area, im sure they would want to join in as well!

This coming up saturday will be my first ever event...ever. haha so im incredibly nervous, but i was just gonna sing and tell stories to children who pass by. Im just gonna go with the flow and figure out what to do based on the crowd. Im going eith a group so i wont be super nervous since there will be other mers there who are more expirenced.

I would definitally be up for this! If you contact a few other mers in the area, im sure they would want to join in as well!

This coming up saturday will be my first ever event...ever. haha so im incredibly nervous, but i was just gonna sing and tell stories to children who pass by. Im just gonna go with the flow and figure out what to do based on the crowd. Im going eith a group so i wont be super nervous since there will be other mers there who are more expirenced.

Wow! That is so awesome. I definitely want to get into doing more events like that eventually. Unfortunately I already have plans this weekend so I won't even be able to come see the event, but I hope all goes well! I need to meet mers in the area. I've been solo so far. >.<

I will post another topic and let people know if I find out more about other faires that we could perform at or if I book anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Chrissa View Post
    That's awesome that you are performing in a couple places already. I'm curious, what type of stuff do you do at those performances? Are you in the water?
    At the events im going to, im not going to be in the water But i hope to eventually find some events i can swim at!

Wow! That is so awesome. I definitely want to get into doing more events like that eventually. Unfortunately I already have plans this weekend so I won't even be able to come see the event, but I hope all goes well! I need to meet mers in the area. I've been solo so far. >.<

I will post another topic and let people know if I find out more about other faires that we could perform at or if I book anything.
    Ok awesome! Yeah i think a seperate thread would be good, if you decide to get a group together for that! If you do, count me in!

Well, I do have art prints that I could sell. But I was wondering if a group of mermaids might fit better within the performances area...? Not sure. It would be something we would probably have to contact the people in charge of the faire about.
    We could always have like an arts and crafts table? Like make mermaid/merman crowns, or maybe mermaid makeovers? We could all pitch in for supplies, and teach people how to make crowns? I think that would be really really fun!

We could always have like an arts and crafts table? Like make mermaid/merman crowns, or maybe mermaid makeovers? We could all pitch in for supplies, and teach people how to make crowns? I think that would be really really fun!

That's a good idea. I was thinking if we sold like merjewelry, or something that could work, but a crafts table sounds like a lot of fun!

That's a good idea. I was thinking if we sold like merjewelry, or something that could work, but a crafts table sounds like a lot of fun!
    Both maybe?! :0 see now im all excited for this, so now it HAS to happen!

Hello all! There is an event over on my side of Washington in October!!! The Mid Colombia Pirates Festival is being held october 7th-9th at the Clover Island Inn (kennewick wa) and mermaids are welcome! They have a heated pool and mermaids (such as myself) have a reserved swim time at 7 pm. The entry fee is a can of food (which will be donated to the food bank or POPP) OR a cash donation (for the American Childhood Cancer Organization Inland Northwest).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flyer for the event
    Aaaaand
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1605...415882/?ti=icl
    The facebook link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live on Bainbridge Island. If there's another cruise...I would love to be included!