Thread: Becoming a professional mermaid-overcoming anxiety and shyness

Becoming a professional mermaid-overcoming anxiety and shyness

Being a professional mermaid is something im honestly very passionate about, and i will do whatever it takes to follow my dreams. But the one thing that feels impossible to push aside is my anxiety. I feel like it is stopping me from pursuing my dreams. Im very shy and i have a hard time reaching out to people and meeting new people and telling people about what i want to do. And ive been trying really hard to force myself to get out there. But all my efforts feel useless, which builds on to my anxiety. If anyone in the mercommunity has dealt with any similar issues and overcome them. I would really love to know how you did it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I also have anxiety and I'm also on my journey of going pro. The way I deal with my anxiety is that I tend to not just "jump in"so to speak, but I go in knowing my selling points, and I tend to stick to those when talking to people about what I do, What also helps me is that I've been told my excitement and love for it comes out and I'm all smiles and giggles and puns and I make it fun for anyone I'm talking to it about. To make sure I was prepared, I made a facebook and a website before hand so I have something to direct people to to signal the end of a conversation if I get overwhelmed with the convo.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Saren's Avatar
    Follow Saren On Twitter
    Follow Saren on Tumblr Visit Saren's Youtube Channel
    I have anxiety speaking to new people or people of authority. I've used my skills as an actor to "dumb down" my anxiety. I basically tell myself I'm Saren and Saren is confident, strong, and knows her stuff. She's all smiles, grace, and happiness. So I play the role of Saren instead of my actual anxious emotional self
    Mermaid Saren
    ||Tumblr||YouTube||Instagram||Twitter||

user formerly known as Fayrn

Very interesting article for me. Because I have been experiencing anxiety for a long time. And the reasons for its occurrence I do not understand. To better understand what is wrong with me I decided to read another article about anxiety treatment, which also talks about fears. These two concepts are very similar to each other, but still as it turned out between them there are differences. I think it is better to seek professional help.
    Last edited by RobertWalker; 03-11-2023 at 05:29 PM.