Thread: Mer activism

Mer activism

Yesterday I participated in my first ever event as a mer-activist! The cause was to protest against BP doing deep sea drilling for oil off the south Australian coast in area known as the Great Australian Bight. There was me and another merman, we were on the beach and were put front and center in front of the big sign and everything! There was even a photo of us in our local paper! I usually almost never go to protests but I've always admired Mermaids like Hannah Fraser who participate regularly in ocean activism events, so I felt really proud to be the representative mers there.

Has anyone else participated in any mer-activism events? If so what was it and how did you find being a mer at the event? How do you usually find out about ocean related protests that might be mer-friendly?

Eeeee! I made page 2 of the Age!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar

That's so amazing!!! Congratulations on the exposure and good for you for advocating!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar
    Great work leomar! Excellent exposure
    Mermaid Kait

I'm an anti-fracking advocate in my state. I have actually gone to my state's capitol building and personally met with representatives, and spoke to them about oil fracking. It's really pointless in Florida. There is too much at stake.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    way to go, looking cool, and representing mermen! high fin!

rad love this. they are great to wear for stuff like this. can't wait to share my new photos of me tangled in a fishing net