Thread: Warrior Makeup

Warrior Makeup

After swimming with Mermaid Gem a couple times, I decided that I want to give my warrior mersona a little more makeup than the basic glitzy/glittery stuff. Does anybody have any ideas that I can incorporate into my mersona?

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

When I dressed up as a warrior fairy for Ren Faire I just searched youtube for halloween tutorials. From there you can just trade out whatever makeup they use for waterproof makeup.
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Miyu's Avatar
    I like to do tribal-style makeup with my mersona, usually done by my mertender, and it somehow matches my Native American Tribal ancestry without my mertender even knowing which tribe I was from!

Now I have tattooed dots above where my eyebrows should be (I pluck those suckers out for health reasons and just because I like the look), so I kind of have a tribal look all the time now, and it fits my mersona quite well (part of the reason I got the tattoos in the fist place)

(Below pic is SUPER old, no face tattoos yet)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Miyu the Rainforest Mermaid~

TwitterFacebookInstagram
    Fundraiser (Soon to be updated)

So that you don't waste makeup during the testing phase you can take a photo of your face and either print it out or digitally draw over it to come up with marking ideas. Some ideas to think about is if you want it symmetrical or asymmetrical? Also think about what would be easy for you to do if you are in a hurry to get ready. For example, I suck at doing cat eyes so I probably wouldn't make that a regular makeup look for my mersona unless if it was for a special occasion.

You could also think about symbolism. My Dad is Native American and one of the women of the tribe made him a special coat. The colors and patterns of the coat have a special meaning so that other Native Americans (who know the meanings of the colors & patterns) seeing my Dad wearing this coat will instantly know a bit about him such as: Good hunter, strong leader, etc. So you could look into different symbols and patterns that you think represent yourself.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I'm having a similar issue, trying to look a little more warrior like. I have a few accessories in mind (lionfish hair piece thing) but I'm at a loss for makeup. I haven't really worn anything like that underwater.
    Good luck finding your look.
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

I'm of Nordic and Celtic descent and decided to use that to inspire my mersona makeup. Research is a powerful tool... the only change to the below I'm going to make is finding good deep, dark blue (almost blue-black) to mimic a more woad color.
    Name:  RedMer.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  80.4 KB
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I'm of Nordic and Celtic descent and decided to use that to inspire my mersona makeup. Research is a powerful tool... the only change to the below I'm going to make is finding good deep, dark blue (almost blue-black) to mimic a more woad color.
    I like it!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Wow! Thats soo cool!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app