Thread: Houston Swimming Holes?

Houston Swimming Holes?

Hey everyone. I've been looking to find a place to try out my tail, but I'm finding myself more landlocked than I'd thought. I'm in the Tomball area, so while Galveston is my best idea right now, its still a bit much of a drive if I can help it. Are there any good places to swim that I may have missed closer to the north or west sides of town?

Junior Member Pod of Texas MermaidMama's Avatar
    I just took my tail up to the silverleaf resort in conroe last week, they have three pools and on weekdays the pools are almost completely empty. You can go up there with or without a membership, just tell them your there for a day pass

I'm in houston, but right off 249 myself, if you know anywhere else to swim please share lol!

Thanks for the tip. I wish they had more of a website though.

I've gone to the double lake campground now, but the downside is the fish there nibble if you stop swimming. Still it was mostly pleasant.

It's still a bit of a drive, but Blue Lagoon is pretty cool.

I just came back from an overnight camping trip at emerald lake naturist resort. Beautiful and well taken care of Lake, I swam the length of it in my tail, yes I am having trouble moving around now because of exhaustion lol. They also have a small pool you can swim in, but I wouldn't try to swim when volleyball starts.

Also last Wednesday I tried it typhoon Texas, got to swim in the wave pool for all of half an hour before they made me get out... my guess is that's just how long it took a supervisor to find out lol

Junior Member Pod of Texas Kalo's Avatar
    Follow Kalo On Twitter Add Kalo on Facebook
    Follow Kalo on Tumblr
    I haven't been to Blue Lagoon yet ; 3 ;
    I've started going to natarorium, but it's tough to find one with evening or weekend hours.

Where is blue lagoon?

Junior Member Pod of Texas Kalo's Avatar
    Follow Kalo On Twitter Add Kalo on Facebook
    Follow Kalo on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidMama View Post
    Where is blue lagoon?
    Blue Lagoon is about an hour-ish north of Houston. It's right next to Huntsville. To think I was going to school up there for all that time and never went!
    It's mostly for suba related stuff, but it's open for paid camping and swimming and stuff, too.