Thread: Hi beautiful mer-people!

Hi beautiful mer-people!

Hi! I'm Nina! Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm new to this mermaiding thing.

I'm from Garland and live right next to Lake Ray Hubbard, but I travel to Fort Worth every week so I'm basically all around the metroplex.

I saw the Sirenalia mermaid retreat on my Facebook ads and thought it was the coolest thing ever! Then I researched more into it and found out mermaiding is a actual hobby ....and here I am!

Definately wanna make it out to some of the DFW meets to meet you guys so you can show a noob how its done lol.

My first fabric tail is being delivered tomorrow...you guys, my inner child is jumping up and down right now! LOL

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kait's Avatar
    Welcome lovely, yay for your tail delivery!!
    Mermaid Kait

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid_Sarina's Avatar

Follow Mermaid_Sarina on Tumblr
    Welcome! And congrats on your new tail! Thats really exciting! Happy swimming
    Sarina Dreamtide

Glad to have you here! A lot of us are fairly new, mostly spandex tails. We have a few silicones in our group and our pod is always growing. I've been mer swimming for about a year now with just my monofin but I'm happy to share all I've learned so far!

Than you ladies!

Yay spandex tails for the win! I just want to see a silicone in real life. I bet they're to die for.

To be honest, I haven't swam In years... But I was a fairly decent swimmer back when I did. I mean I can tread water and swim to the other side of the pool! Lol never swam in a monofin or free dived before but I'm determined to get this thing down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not a very strong swimmer honestly, I could stay afloat but nothing amazing. My monofin made it all very easy really. I felt the same way, I really wanted to see a silicone tail in person. I have seen the one at our meet currently, I dunno if any will be there this month.

The pool we normally swim in is 9ft at its deepest, but we have some shallower water as well.

Welcome to mernetwork! always nice to see a new Texas mer yay for first tail! I hope you will post picks on the 'show me your tail' thread
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lunette View Post
    Welcome to mernetwork! always nice to see a new Texas mer yay for first tail! I hope you will post picks on the 'show me your tail' thread
    Of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!
    Laura the Mermaid of The MerFriends
    www.LauraLWatson.com
    www.TheMerFriends.com
    Info@TheMerFriends.com