Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mako Mermaids Plot Discussion (SPOILERS ALL)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar

Mako Mermaids Plot Discussion (SPOILERS ALL)

This is a thread to discuss the plot of Mako Mermaids. Definitely stay away if you do not want to be spoiled.

Rikki!!!! So sad she grew apart from the others though but excited that she wants to reconnect with them!
    Last edited by lynsea; 05-29-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

It was so great to see Rikki again! But was anyone else unsatisfied with the ending of the series in general? It felt rushed

The crash of waves and salty air are the signs of freedom

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidIndie View Post
    It was so great to see Rikki again! But was anyone else unsatisfied with the ending of the series in general? It felt rushed

I agree. It definitely felt rushed. But they WERE trying to fit a lot into just a few episodes there at the end. You can't answer every question or concern in like three episodes.

YAYY i found this thread!! I know, I was super excited to see Rikki!! And the Nerissa plotline was GENIUS. I'm so glad they found a way to reunite her and Mimmi!! I think it might have been one of the best season so far tbh

I thought the whole thing felt rushed. I miss the H2O line of things but then again I've grown up with both series so I'm an adult judging it now rather than a teen.

I disliked how quickly they brushed over Evie's emotions about losing her tail. She was so excited and progressing so well and now she's just lost it. I wish they had given her her tail back once the dragon was defeated.

ALSO for those who don't know, there will be a movie!
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Why couldn't they have used the shell to give eve her tail back?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

She should get back her tail for the movie. I hope she does. They need more episodes for the show.

Seriously. I could watch this show forever haha also, how do you think the breed? Has this been explained before? Like didnt they say all the mermen get sent on land? Or something?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

There's going to be a movie? Is that really confirmed? That's so exciting!

Way back when shortly after the last (third) season of H20 aired I started searching for more info on H20. There was a site called fanpop. One of the rumors for a possible season 4 was Wei Lynn and a water dragon. This was well before Mako mermaids. Someone kept posting this scenario. To the point where I thought it was fan fantasy. Now I wonder if this was what H20 Season 4 was going to be and that was an actual leak from the show bible. Of the 5 episodes, I have watched to this point plus the synopsis I am thinking that these story outlines were more designed for the H20 proper, and shoe horned into mako mermaids. Suddenly Joe goes from a speedboat to a trawler. He acts more like Eddie who used the wrong nets in one of the H20 episodes. Suddenly Cali can sing and their is a band at the end in the cafe. Cam/Zane now the part owner of the cafe, Zak/Cam acting like Louis. Mimi and her Louis like boyfriend at the marine park etc.

I got so excited when Mimmi showed Chris her tail! I really liked the ending but I wish the season could've been longer!
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

It did feel a bit rushed, not going to lie, but I didn't really dislike it. I like it when stuff happens fast, it keeps it interesting!!
    And yaaaasssss I was so so so excited when she showed Chris her tail. We got Zane/Rikki and Cleo/Lewis, and I am seriously wanted some episodes of happy Mimmi/Chris. I *need* to see them together. Sirena left after showing David her tail and that was a huge disappointment. I need a happy mermaid relationship to fangirl over!!!

I am so glad there's going to be a movie. I wish they could get back Sirena for it!!

Yeah people tend to leave/the show ends once they show someone their tail. Emma and Ash, Sirena and David, and now Chris and Mimmi. Oh well.
    Anaïs Nin

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I agree that it did seem rushed. My guess is they originally had more episodes planed, but had to squeeze it all into what they had. I too don't like that they had Evie's tail stripped. They probably did that to show the danger that the dragon posed, but seriously couldn't they have used a "red-shirt" for that?

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Also, to me it seemed like they did not spend as much time in the water as they did in earlier seasons. I the past, about a third or so of the show was in the water, but this season looked to have a lot less time. Too much land time kind of defeats the purpose. This is a mermaid show after all.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Trident True's Avatar
    I was very Disappointed with season three. the story line was inconsistent it didn't following the plot of the dragon at all to me. you really only got to see the Dragon in episode 13. Zac was not a main character in this season and in some episodes only have 2 scenes. Very little underwater scenes which was a bummer.

NOW. on to the last episodes of this season. RIKKI. it was good to see her again. got a little teary, but I didn't like how the writers wrote her into the season. its like Rikki forgot that she faced a water tentacle and saved mako island. this is particularly when the girls tell her that there is a dragon that threatens their pod. its almost like rikki had no memory or the magic she faced while with here friends. She still had the same power. which was nice to see. but i was disappointed to see that her power hadn't grown. It was too rushed and it was left open for another season. its an unfinished season.

In the Moon Pool when the girls were discussing how it all started for rikki. rikki couldn't even mention the names of her friends. that pissed me off. (writers) everything was extremely vague and rushed. H20 had a better send off.

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

Rikki's always been that stubborn though. She did that in nearly every season of H2O. Remember how skeptical she was of the water tentacle at first until it had to literately kidnap her for her to believe?

Also yes, I was not a fan of how little they were in the water. They always have some mermaid scene although sometimes it's just someone swimming for a minute and has no connection to the plot. Mainly, this show is about dealing with magical issues (i.e. a spell gone wrong). I always thought H2O was more relatable (obviously) because the girls were girls first then mermaids. Most of their issues were trying to adapt their mermaid life into their human ones so the "plots" were i.e. how to avoid getting caught, etc. Maybe it was just my age at the time but I felt I could relate more to those issues than the mermaids in Mako. They just seem foreign.

I know I'm over-analyzing a kids show but there you have it.
    Anaïs Nin

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    Arctic marshmallow needs to be a real thing. yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! I'm trying to think up something that would look and taste similar but I'm not exactly good at cooking
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Arctic Marshmallow looked like someone mixed raspberry sorbet with cream and refroze it.

Did episode 4 remind anyone else of the Sorcerer's Apprentice?
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song