Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mako Mermaids Plot Discussion (SPOILERS ALL)

So I watched the season and thought to see everyone's thoughts.

Personally, I liked it, not as much as h2o but I liked it. Someone pointed out parallels to the other show and I can see it. The little mermaids were so cute! I thought I'd hate Karl's character, but his crush on Weilan is cute. Wish we got some references to the past seasons like Lyla, Nixie, Erik, and Sirena. There was what? One mention of Sirena and a subplot mentioning Erik (that wasn't accurate to the end of the season).

Love, love, love that Rikki came back! I wish we got the others mentioned by name.

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post
    Arctic Marshmallow looked like someone mixed raspberry sorbet with cream and refroze it.

Did episode 4 remind anyone else of the Sorcerer's Apprentice?
    It looked so yummy!!!!!

YES!!!! First thing I thought of when I was watching that scene was Sorcerer's Apprentice! Fantasia is one of my favorite movies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali badkidbebe's Avatar

It looks like some sort of frozen custard or whipped yogurt! It looks very light pink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad other people noticed and missed the underwater scenes--the last 2 seasons of Mako featured it enough for me, but this one was really lacking tail-time. And Zac-time, too, really.
    I wish they hadn't taken Evie's tail away, but I understand the reasoning...still, the insistence on only 3 main mermaids at a time is kinda strange to me. Overall, I did enjoy the season but the plots and characters were less interesting this time around. The dragon was neat, and I didn't mind the ending.

I HATE how their dates learning the secret makes the romantic story end though.

I agree that this season was a bit rushed. I guess they originally planned 26 episodes as usually but they had to cut it for some reason (maybe they will use the budget for the movie). I wish they focused more on the dragon storyline instead of these 'filler' episodes like that one with mermaids travelling back in time which was quite weird.

...I'm going to say something rather unpopular here. The whole series, despite some great potential, was very disappointing to me. Too much of the 'mer-magic gone wrong' kind of stuff, almost as if they were in love with their own mythos. I found maybe 3 episodes I could sit through in one shot. There was a point after watching the last episode I was so sad that it actually took about three weeks for me to become interested in mermaids again (after over two decades of being a major merphile.) It took an Indonesian series to remind me that a mermaid can be an interesting character without letting what she is define her.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Trident True's Avatar
    Did anyone notice in episode 11, when Imaris slid down into the moon pool? it reminded me of H20 when cleo initially fell down the crater. The layout of the pool resembled the look of the moon pool from H20 and it almost gave the look of a cave-in then abandoned.

Can someone please get me back to the ocean before I suffocate... I need the water......

Does anyone ever know what happened to the movie? as far as I can tell it never came out. it has been talked about alot from the producer, but nothing ever came out