Thread: Has anyone seen these tails?

Has anyone seen these tails?

https://instagram.com/p/BGBUd8er-X6/

Has anyone seen these tails or this maker before? I haven't but I actually quite like this tail.
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Bella's Avatar
    ohhh, I love the scaling

That's beautiful. Would love to know who it is and their pricing

Sent from my iPhone
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

She only seems to have made a few but I did see her state her prices in comments on a Instagram post.

I've found another tailmaker I've not seen before. Found through Instagram again. I'm not sure what I think of them - the scales are absolutely huge! https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/GotMermaiddotNet
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Leina View Post
    She only seems to have made a few but I did see her state her prices in comments on a Instagram post.

I've found another tailmaker I've not seen before. Found through Instagram again. I'm not sure what I think of them - the scales are absolutely huge! https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/GotMermaiddotNet
    ah the dragon scales, yea I know those quite well,

I worked with Gotmermaid.net and they have 2 new scale lines (much smaller and uniform) and I believe another fluke design coming out. I have one of their tails in my possession, but im not allowed to "officially" debut until project evolution is done (June 17th) They did an evolved and meaner version of my older fishbutts tail. But man they did an amazing job, the weight is lighter than my 34lb blue monster (which weighs like 45 when wet because of the neoprene in that tail).

There are NO Seams!! the whole Fluke was custom designed to have a whale like look, but more picked up and "tattered"- i asked for it like that (it has a leader-fin monofin in there) the Dorsal, Heel and pectoral fins are completely custom too as is the color and it has a lot of sparkle too.

Tim reached out to me a while back, I met Tim and Lori when they did a stop in New York. I got to see the black tail up close and see it swim. I was happy with the way it looked inside and out. And so far Im super happy with the way it swims as well. NO DRAG!! Chris (has first dibs on photos and video) and the pod will be seeing it the day of the mermaid parade June 18th. Compared to my fishbutts tail this was the major upgrade I needed im super happy with the quality.

Okay i need to stop talking now.. Sorry Im just excited.

That sounds really cool. I'm keen to see what they do.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Junior Member Pod of The South Siren's Avatar
    Hey all. The tail in the original post was made by me. I have a looooong history of tail making (ball working with Eric before silicone tails even existed). One of the first silicone tails to come out was one of mine on a Ripley's Aquarium Billboard for their first show.
    I don't make a lot of tails mostly because my career schedule. I'm a professional opera singer who travels a lot and that keeps be busy. The summer months, however are quite slow and I have time to make more. I really enjoy it so much. I stayed out in 08 just modeling the tails, but the creative side of actually sculpting and creating a second skin for someone is an incredible experience and such fun.
    Anyway, nice to meet you all and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask or message me on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/lindahinessiren )...that's probably the easiest way to reach me.
    Happy swimming!!! ><>°

They are about $2000. A little more for an intricate paint job or fluke alterations. I have pointed and rounded scales and a couple fluke shapes. It's about a 4-6 week turnaround (although I got the last one out just about 3 weeks. I accept a $1000 deposit to get the materials and build the tail. The balance plus shipping costs are paid before shipping. I hope that helps!

I got this info about the first tails I shared for anyone whose interested.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)