Thread: Buying tails in bulk

Buying tails in bulk

Hello Merfolk Community,

I am starting a mermaid company in the Cayman Islands and I am looking for a tail company that can provide fabric mermaid tails in bulk. What do you guys recommend? I'm looking for something that will be good to teach students in, to sell, and will have a good shelf life. I look forward to hearing all your recommendations.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Well whatever we recommend you may not like. So I think its best for you to do your own googling. Just put into google, swimmable mermaid tail, you'll have lots of results. Look at all of them, choose one YOU like, and then BAM! Bulk mertails!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Thank you for the quick reply
    Well I have done a lot of googling and found many potential companies but I was wondering if anyone had experience on quality, swim ability, easier to teach in, ext. I've been looking at sun tails, fin fun, the 2 tails, and swim tails. I was wondering if some are better to teach in than others. Also I will be using these in the ocean and pool and don't want them falling apart after only a few months.

For teaching students I would recommend Fin Fun and maybe Magictail. I used to have a Fin Fun tail until I switched to Magictail. But I feel like Magictail's material is a bit more fragile and sheer compared to Fin Fun so with students wearing them I feel like they will get damaged easier. Because of that I think Fin Fun is the way to go. They are great beginner tails and look quite nice underwater

I cant be much help as I don't own a tail but make sure you check out the reviews thread too

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

~**~**My tailmaking thread**~**~

Considering the name 'Mermaid Triteia'

I'd put sun tails on the recommend list with fin fun. Both have nice quality fabric but I like the sun tails monofin better. It's less floppy and easier to control in my opinion.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Yea Sun Tails is my fave pre-made tail. I love mine!

Ideally, whatever your choice, you want the tail to be open at the bottom, where the monofin is not sealed inside the tail. So water and air bubbles can pass through the tail easily, it won't feel too heavy and hard to swim in because of that.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    finfun gives bulk order discounts if you contact them directly.