Thread: Turrner Falls in Oklahoma question...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

Turrner Falls in Oklahoma question...

Oklahoma is 'south' so hope I get some bites on this...curious if anyone has tried mermaiding at Turner Falls. It seems great for pix (when I went a couple yrs back, pre-tail days) but for swimming in a tail you have to literally go off the beaten path to the huge, deep sections of water beyond the main swimming area (which I again did before I had a tail). A huge mer meet might not be ideal there but has anymer tried alone or with a few others?

I don't live in Oklahoma, but I have relatives that do. I've been to Turner Falls once, about... 15 - 16 years ago. I still remember it well and it would make an amazing setting for a mer meet and photo shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a mermaid group that is looking at doing a swim n shoot met there. If I get the date and Turner Falls let's up I'll post it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Amelia Pond View Post
    We have a mermaid group that is looking at doing a swim n shoot met there. If I get the date and Turner Falls let's up I'll post it.

Oh yes, that would be amazing! Do let us know!

I've only been there once, and that was ten years ago, didn't get to stay long because i went with a ton of family that did NOT enjoy it (they are weird folk lol) but i was probably the only one that LOVED it. always wanted to go back, it would be wonderful for a photo shoot if its still as beautiful as i remember!

Just googled, looks amazing! Not really even that far of a drive so it could even be a day trip. I'd love to meet up with Oklahoma pod too! Al around looks like a win win!

We've called and called and we aren't getting an answer

Why does this not surprise me? Altho I am sure the place is insanely busy as I have witnessed...do more of us need to call? Is there an email or facebook page where we can com.unicate with them?

What are we trying to learn from Turner Falls anyway. Again, we could do digging and I can help call. I would love to help if you want. I don't wanna see your meet fail!

Calling does no good. I emailed them and was excited to have a prompt response with a YES. Mermaids are welcome. So next we need to set a date!

Ooohhh, awesome! Well, I am free every weekend pretty much so whatever everyone else wants I can probly do. Do you know yet if this is a day trip or full weekend event? Definitely just a day trip thing for me as it takes a couple hrs fornme to drive from Texas.

Depending on when you plan it, I might be visiting family in Oklahoma at the time and be able to come!
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Its going to be busier on the weekends. So harder to swim with more kids and harder fir pictures.

I was looking at July 7th and 8th and camp out there. (I'd LOVE to camp all I the same area) A few of the other girls up here in Tulsa/Muskogee area are looking at that date.

I personally can't make weekends happen with my work.
    So even if it means I can't attend at least we know mermaids are welcome there :/

And slightly off the turner falls subject but still on a meet-up. ..

If anyone able to attend or wanting to there's a Neverland shoot scheduled for July 31st in Disney, ok off grandlake at little blue creek state park a clear water COLD spring feed creek. With a Peter pan, wendy, tink faries and of course ....Mermaids!

Hm, if I could manage to get off one of those days I could shoot up there. I am afraid to take my little oil stain of a car too far tho (no ac as well) so I will talk with my local merfriends and see if anyone could go.

In regards to it being busy, that is so true. But if you go beyond where everyone is and the swimming area downstream there's practically no people. I went pretty far downstream when I was there 2 yrs or so ago, but it does run into private property (you will see signs) so be mindful of where you go. There is a large deeper pool not far down from the swimming area with the diving boards. (But you need be careful on the rocks with you aren't lithe and agile on them, like me *cocky little seahorse smile*).

*pops her long earred head in again*

So is th bdate set in stone?

For me yeah. Im for sure going july 7/8

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk