Thread: Maternity mermaid tail?

Maternity mermaid tail?

So I'm working on my first silicone tail. I found out last week that I'm going to be a mommy again. I still want to go to mermania in January. It's 2 weeks before my due date. My pondering thought is what would be the best way to make the stomach part of my tail so it will still fit over my belly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the answer but I vaguely remember seeing a pregnant mermaid in the show is your tails thread. If I can remember right she made it pretty low cut in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also be of the mindset to have it go under rather than around/over. Although I guess if it's ALL THE WAY over it could be pretty cool, haha. (You may look like a cute fancy goldfish depending on your colors, though!)

Since this is your 2nd pregnancy you should have a fairly good idea of how you wear comfy clothes with a momma belly. I know some ladies perfer up-and-over waistbands. Personally they never worked for me and I had to go with lowrise/under-the-belly waistbands. That's how I would design a maternity tail, because I think that would have a lot more room for discreet size adjustment. Obviously this is a project that has to be started ahead of time but you won't know your exact size for the event ahead of time!! So I'd try for something with an easily-adjustable low-rise waist and a fancy belt.

That sort of tail should be an awesome maternity photo prop, too! Have fun!

Don't forget, if you make it bigger or lower-rise than you want it, you can always add a gap wrap like MerNation offers to make the tail fit post-pregnancy!
    Congratulations and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Russet View Post
    Don't forget, if you make it bigger or lower-rise than you want it, you can always add a gap wrap like MerNation offers to make the tail fit post-pregnancy!
    Congratulations and good luck!
    Thank you and can u send a link of what your talking about with the gap wrap? I'm not too sure what your talking about

Quote Originally Posted by RNHime View Post
    I would also be of the mindset to have it go under rather than around/over. Although I guess if it's ALL THE WAY over it could be pretty cool, haha. (You may look like a cute fancy goldfish depending on your colors, though!)

Since this is your 2nd pregnancy you should have a fairly good idea of how you wear comfy clothes with a momma belly. I know some ladies perfer up-and-over waistbands. Personally they never worked for me and I had to go with lowrise/under-the-belly waistbands. That's how I would design a maternity tail, because I think that would have a lot more room for discreet size adjustment. Obviously this is a project that has to be started ahead of time but you won't know your exact size for the event ahead of time!! So I'd try for something with an easily-adjustable low-rise waist and a fancy belt.

That sort of tail should be an awesome maternity photo prop, too! Have fun!
    My first pregnancy was all high over the belly pants I couldn't stand to have anything under my belly. I pictured the goldfish look and couldn't help but laugh. I will defiantly be taking some pictures in tail as a maternity shoot now lol

Here's a link to the video on the Gap Wrap They were selling them for around $130-$150 on Etsy last time i checked, but I didn't see them when I checked just now. Maybe make an inquiry and see if it's an option?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrPcw0vAhl8

I think Mernation might have stopped offering them.. but Tigg's Tails does, as I just learned! (if you're interested)
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/2348535..._home_active_4

Follow Sydneycl On Twitter
    Most women struggle to regain shape after going through the pregnancy and delivery process. The belly, waist and pelvis lose their silhouette due to baby fat build up as well as muscle and ligament fatigue. I even experienced Diastasis recti, a condition where the abdomen and stomach muscles separate due to the excessive inner-abdominal pressure from the expanding uterus, causing the middle of the stomach to bulge. But I got great service from the best post pregnancy belly wrap such as the NYOrtho Abdominal Lower Waist Support Belt which custom fits round any waist and is flexible to allow stress free movement. It helps restore muscle tightness, abdominal shape while supporting and holding in the lower back and tummy.
    Last edited by Sydneycl; 09-24-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Till I experienced the birth of my two children, I used to always marvel at the speed with which a new actor mum from Hollywood would bounce back into shape. At a discussion table with friends we always attributed the comeback of these stars to some form of intervention and extra help. Through my pregnancy, I realized that anyone can do it, if you stick to a good exercise plan. I swam, lifted weights and did pilates. I also tried wearing some belly wrap for it and they worked