Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merrowfin Tail HELP

That's a really good point Julianne, thanks. Maybe I'll start by linking this thread...

I'm actually really happy I saw this I was litterally about to order from Merrowfins today.. So what would you all suggest I get for the around 800.00 price?

...Wow. I just went through this thread. I am so sorry this has happened to you. I was going to order from him instead of making my own but now I think I'll just stick to making my own...

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Same here.. I just canceled on doing that.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Cataleya's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Cataleya on Facebook
    Polar...its not 800....trust me I found this the hard way as well. that is the price of the tail yes...but he will have you pay almost 200 for shipping which sucks balls i almost crapped myself when I found that one out.....so 800 for the tail .....150 for a rush free....then 180 for shipping
    "In the depth in find our soul, in darkness we find our true self. "

Add UtahMermaidPearl on Facebook
    For a full silicone the shipping is $250 so that's something to consider too

Yeah, shipping for silicone tails is expensive no matter what because they're so heavy. However, it sounds like maybe he should have been a little more up-front about that part, because not everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    Yeah, shipping for silicone tails is expensive no matter what because they're so heavy. However, it sounds like maybe he should have been a little more up-front about that part, because not everyone knows that.
    Yaaaaaa. Part of it is insurance too

At first I was hesitant to publicize my worry just in case it was unfounded. I haven't received my Merrowfins tail yet. It was ordered Oct. 31st, but I do understand silicone tails take some time to make. The design called for specific details as this to look like a dolphin tail. Of course, I'm getting antsy. He emailed photos some months back, but I haven't gotten an email recently. Should I be concerned? His earlier emails showed photos of the fluke tail. Looked like a wood carving. He was talking about it having been poured and molded and the anatomic details put in. That was several months ago.

Have you tried emailing or texting?

The last time I emailed and got a reply back was May 3rd. It's not that long ago. I emailed for an update on June 14th. No reply yet. These are the photos he sent way back in Nov 10th.

Jan 12, he was finishing up the sculpture. By Feb 19, the fluke had been molded and body was poured. He was about to work on the mono fin. In March, I sent over pigment colors. Then in May 3rd, I asked if he could attach the dorsal fin. No photos except these two above sent Nov. 10.

That does look like a wood carving...or something... Why does it have that rough texture?

I don't know. I figured it was part of the molding process.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    That does look like a wood carving...or something... Why does it have that rough texture?
    Because that looks exactly like Mertailors Orca tail which makes me think that's not a new creation at all. let me see if I can find an old pic before I go back into lurk mode.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

It's not part of the molding process, it's part of his sculpt. Which looks like a butt, by the way. The texture just makes it look like a chapped butt.
    Pretty sure real dolphin flukes don't look like chapped butts.

Any opinion? Should I be concerned?