Thread: Pools in Seattle Area

Pools in Seattle Area

Hi everyone! My new monofin finally came(YAAAY!) and I want to go out and practice swimming with it! I can certainly do that in the surrounding lakes and in the Puget Sound in my wetsuit, but not for very long because the water is soooo cold. What pools in the area have you swam in with your tails and do you recommend? (Back in my home town tails were banned from the pool, so I'm worried about walking into a pool here that has a similar policy) I'm looking for within Seattle and also on the Eastside.

I've swam at pretty much every City of Seattle pool. (Queen Anne is my usual haunt, but also been to Medgar Evers, Rainier Beach, and others). Lynnwood is also a nice pool.

Generally, if you go during lap swim times, the lifeguards really don't care. Pools around here tend to be too crowded during open swim or family swim (too many kids) for them to allow fins, but it's fine during lap times.

Quote Originally Posted by exdraghunt View Post
    I've swam at pretty much every City of Seattle pool. (Queen Anne is my usual haunt, but also been to Medgar Evers, Rainier Beach, and others). Lynnwood is also a nice pool.

Generally, if you go during lap swim times, the lifeguards really don't care. Pools around here tend to be too crowded during open swim or family swim (too many kids) for them to allow fins, but it's fine during lap times.
    Awesome! Thank you very much. That's good info!

I've been eyeing Colman. Definitely want to swim there when I get the chance.