Thread: In Search of a Silicone/Neoprene Tail

In Search of a Silicone/Neoprene Tail

I want to apologize ahead of time. I'm EXTREMELY upset, and I can't seem to find my other post. (I think I made one, I'm not sure) I'm looking for either a used silicone tail that someone will let me make payments on, or a silicone/neoprene tail, that can be bought in payments. The person I had made arrangements with on a tail, never bothered to tell me that they aren't making tails anymore, and now I have a deadline to meet, and a fabric tail I can't swim in, because it's coming apart. Sorry for the mini rant. If anyone knows of anything, please let me know! Thanks in advance for the help!

What kind of deadline are you looking at and what's your budget? I'll help you look around for a tail maker.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

Needing it by July 15th, which won't happen.

Amapele's Shellphone

That's a shame... I would offer to help but I haven't even made a hybrid tail for myself yet. I've done extensive research for several months and have costume sewing experience so I'm confident enough to make one for myself. As for a customer...well, confidence without tail making experience isn't really a great way to start out.

Regardless, I hope whatever you need the tail for works out well.

I've patched my fabric tail the best I can, in hopes it can get me through

Amapele's Shellphone

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    Hey! I know you I was looking at threads on here for pricing ideas lol

Banned
    Follow MermaidAnnabella On Twitter
    Visit MermaidAnnabella's Youtube Channel
    Hi there! Are you still looking?

Annabella I see you spamming multiple old threads. In some case they are acceptable but in cases like this where a sizable amount of time has passed it against forum rules. Please avoid doing so because your just causing unnecessary stuff to show up on peoples feeds.

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    I think she is just fairly new to the network. I don't think she's "spamming" anything. I know when I first joined I commented on a lot of old threads because I was just now seeing everything.

Banned
    I am not spamming old threads. I'm replying to threads that I'm interested in, how in the world is that considered spamming?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid mazu View Post
    I think she is just fairly new to the network. I don't think she's "spamming" anything. I know when I first joined I commented on a lot of old threads because I was just now seeing everything.
    Thank you Mazu. I'm definitely not spamming. I responded to this thread in particular because I have a tail for sale and am a new tailmaker. In fact even some threads from 2015 where mers were looking for something, still happen to be looking for it. I haven't been commenting on every single thread nor have I been commenting random, unrelated things either.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Considering people actively tell new mers in the community to search old threads as you can almost find anything, I don't see how it really is spamming. If it is, maybe it may need to be suggested to have that rule updated as the community is more bigger now then when the rules were made. Hopefully I'm not stepping on any stones.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

I honestly wasn't trying to be mean , I just thought in relevance same a a lot of the ones being commented on where time sensitive/ specific to tailmakers and so the response was not the most appropriate. We do encourage new members to look at old threads but mainly for questions they may have. If you are trying to advertise yourself as a tail maker may i suggest creating thread with pictures of your work it might garner more interest. I understand where all of you are coming from but i just think that sometimes new members get excited and i know i did but i was just saying this because it was causing congestion on the activity feed and a lot of them were older posts.

Banned
    I am not advertising myself as a tail maker as I am just starting out, so I'm looking for trades for work or commissions at cost. Even on Facebook I private message people looking only, as I do not feel comfortable advertising my services publicly yet.
    Vee, are you an admin or mod? Because it says you're a junior member, so I don't see why you get to tell someone that they're spamming when they're not. And others as shown above don't see it as spamming either.

I am commenting on specific threads. I did get excited when I first joined, back in August, but came on here looking for specific things. I don't think I should have to explain my activity on this site to you however and I don't think it's your place to judge it and me either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Considering people actively tell new mers in the community to search old threads as you can almost find anything, I don't see how it really is spamming. If it is, maybe it may need to be suggested to have that rule updated as the community is more bigger now then when the rules were made. Hopefully I'm not stepping on any stones.
    Thank you.

Like i said i wasn't trying to be mean or cause conflict. I didn't directly attack you, but I've been here long enough (it says 2016 but I've been on the forum since 2012, i had to create a new account due to an email problem) to know how things escalate and I'm not interested in continuing arguing anything that will becoming bigger then it was meant to be.

Banned
    Wasn't arguing.