Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fancy Fish Fashions: silicone flukes/fins for tails and fancy beaded swim tops

Senior Member Euro Pod Astridia's Avatar
    This thread started awesome ( I mean come on... those bras are gorgeous) And then the flukes and the fins and the scales and the AAAAAAAA SO BEAUTIFFFUUULL I'mma have to stalk this shop. Love the idea of silicone flukes that are open (i'm the kind of person who will probably be doing a lot of mix n match XD)

I should post the finished pictures of the fluke and fins I got from her! I posted them to my tail making thread but....they should be here too!

A picture of them glowing, and the rest right after my unboxing!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Announcing my latest fluke! Inspired by our favorite Little Mermaid, the Daughter of Triton is a smaller fluke designed to fit the Finis Wave monofin. I haven't tried it with larger fins yet.

Name:  il_570xN.1284939440_e7ua.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  71.6 KB

Also more large shell sequins are coming soon!
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Everything you do is gold

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Nice and clean, Dancing Fish! Ariel fans are gonna love it!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    The fans of TLM will love it! c: I've been thinking of buying fins/fluke from you for a little while.

So pretty XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    The fans of TLM will love it! c: I've been thinking of buying fins/fluke from you for a little while.
    Do it! Awaiting mine currently, and so excited!! She's wonderful, and super helpful, patient, and kind. You can't go wrong with her work either!

Sent from my 2PS64 using MerNetwork mobile app

New sequins are in stock! We have white, pink, blue, cyan, and lavender again, as well as peach, yellow, orange, and a really beautiful red-copper.

Also! A kid-sized, plus-sized walking mermaid tail, perfect for a kid who might be a bit too wide for standard Halloween costumes. Made from an amazing sequin fabric that was hideously expensive, LOL! Rowan was so sad to have outgrown it! But since she was the designer/shell decoration artist, I'm giving her the money if it sells.

Modified from a Simplicity pattern, fits up to size 10-12ish. The child can insert feet into the tail to hide them and be a mermaid. NONSWIMMABLE! A steal at only $15. Details here!

Name:  mermaid2.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  158.7 KBName:  mermaid1.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  317.7 KB
    Last edited by Dancing Fish; 09-21-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook

Also, is anyone interested in damaged or imperfect sequins? I go through my orders and try to pick out all the weird ones. I have several pounds of sequins in many different colors that are missing holes, or have small-to-major flaws in their coats, or that are just bent strangely or mis-stamped. I hate to just toss them. Anyone have a kid who wants to do a mermaid project? Or doesn't mind flaws? Or just wants a grab-bag of random colors? They're just as shiny and many of the flaws wouldn't show from a distance. 70% off! Will post pics if you're interested.
    Follow me on Facebook

And now for something completely different: mermaid cupcakes. Made of dragon skin, squishy foam and glitter! These were for my kid, who is now obsessed with squishies, but I'm thinking of putting a few in the shop when I perfect the process. They're addictingly squishable, very satisfying, like a little stress ball. And I also wanted to see if you can thicken Dragon Skin enough to pipe it....yes! You can! There's tons of squishy cupcakes out there, but they all use caulk for icing (not all that squishy). I'm getting a nice super-squishy Eco-Flex sample in my next order to try this again. What do you think? Would you tack on a sparkly scented squishy mermaid cupcake onto an order?
    Name:  22467561_1417117545074949_7878288608731186029_o.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  188.7 KBName:  squish.jpg
Views: 473
    Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    And now for something completely different: mermaid cupcakes. Made of dragon skin, squishy foam and glitter! These were for my kid, who is now obsessed with squishies, but I'm thinking of putting a few in the shop when I perfect the process. They're addictingly squishable, very satisfying, like a little stress ball. And I also wanted to see if you can thicken Dragon Skin enough to pipe it....yes! You can! There's tons of squishy cupcakes out there, but they all use caulk for icing (not all that squishy). I'm getting a nice super-squishy Eco-Flex sample in my next order to try this again. What do you think? Would you tack on a sparkly scented squishy mermaid cupcake onto an order?
    Name:  22467561_1417117545074949_7878288608731186029_o.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  188.7 KBName:  squish.jpg
Views: 473
    Oooooooh or make a little octopus squishy? Or flounder squishy? Or a sea shell squishy! But no fishy scent! Lol

I made starfish molds! They're not quite there yet, but I do plan on having starfish squishies, too. And of COURSE there has to be an octopus! I have a little fat one in my mind, just waiting for me to sculpt it.
    Follow me on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fish View Post
    I made starfish molds! They're not quite there yet, but I do plan on having starfish squishies, too. And of COURSE there has to be an octopus! I have a little fat one in my mind, just waiting for me to sculpt it.
    I'll definitely be interested when they're ready. I love the cupcakes too. I bake a lot and this would be perfect for my office.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    snazzy!
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    So cool! How did you thicken the dragonskin to pipe it? If it's a secret, don't tell!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    So cool! How did you thicken the dragonskin to pipe it? If it's a secret, don't tell!
    It's a super top-secret process involving calling Smooth On tech support and asking them, LOL!
    Follow me on Facebook

Glittery squishy fish..... I would buy a box of them XD

Do you sell the flukes completed, like painted and with the monofin sealed inside? I'm in no way ready to buy, but I want my next tail to be a sequin tail with a silicone fluke, but all I want to do its attach the fluke to the body. I've got a small apartment and no where to work with silicone.

I don't offer them yet, but I've been considering offering that. Give me a buzz when you're closer to the completion of your project!
    Follow me on Facebook