Thread: The Great NY Faerie Fest A Midsummer's Dream

The Great NY Faerie Fest A Midsummer's Dream

Hey all, Rusalka here!

This weekend is the NY Faerie Fest, and they have a small lagoon for mermaids. I'm planning on being there Sunday. I still cant decide between my three tails which to finish and take with me. Is anyone else planning on going?
    My heart is pierced by cupid
    I disdain all glittering gold
    there's nothing can console me
    but my jolly sailor bold
    ~*Some Sort Of Siren of the Stairwell*~

I've never heard of it. Is it upstate?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Depends on your definition of upstate! Its in Ouaquaga, NY

"Harpursville (Exit 6 on I-88 - to 79 "East"). Don't blink or you'll miss it!
    The site is about 3 1/2 hours from NYC or Philadelphia, 2 1/2 hours from Albany, 1 1/2 hours from Syracuse or Scranton, and 4 hours from Buffalo."
    but my jolly sailor bold

Darn, no idea where that is lol. I'm in Poughkeepsie so anything north of Kingston is upstate to me

I live in actual upstate so I always have to check! From the map, it looks a little off to the right of Binghamton.
    but my jolly sailor bold

XD ah, gotcha. I'll have to look into it and plan for a future year.

Fun Fact: This event is a bust and not open to recreational mermaids. I found out by accident that it was for contracted performers only
    but my jolly sailor bold

I forgot to look here for the NY Faerie Festival. I posted about it on Faenetwork. I went on Saturday and took my tail. I also didn't know they had an actual mermaid show. I thought people were just meeting up to do photos. They had fabric tails but no monofins so kids stayed near the shore away from the mermaids. You could take photos of the mers but kids couldn't get a photo next to them. It was a nice little set up though. They let me take some photos in my tail in between their shows but probably just because I was the first to ask at that point. It was disappointing that I couldn't do more photos since it was in and out and it was kinda annoying to be told no you can't be a mermaid at a festival full of people dressed as fairies, trolls,fauns, ect. What happened that for you to accidentally find out?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Mermaid Tory~
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidTory

Formerly known as Tswan114

I went today, was not impressed. The mermaids didn't interact with anyone really. I was ignored when trying to talk to the mermaids until I set a foot in the creek and was promptly yelled at

Hello all! I am posting as the Production Manager of the NY Faerie Festival. I am sorry to see some of you have been disappointed in the past. To address some your concerns, yes we do have a hired mermaid act and if you would like to audition to be a part of it in the future, please send an email to info@nyfaeriefest.com. We do provide all our own costumes and the tails are created specifically to handle special circumstances the location presents. Our performers are set back from the patrons for safety concerns. With this said, I am pleased to announce, this year on Sunday evening (June 30th) there will be a Merfolk Social where we invite visiting patrons to don their mermaid finery and join our performers in the water. We will have a photographer on site and are continuing to look into other ways to make this event, and the Cove itself, enticing and inviting each and every year. I would also like to point out the Festival does offer camping passes. With the purchase of a camping pass you get exclusive access to nighttime events, such as a Masquerade Ball, and dinner both Friday and Saturday evenings. With a camping pass there is also access to the water during festival off hours, so you would be able to do any personal photoshoots in the space during this time. Please check out nyfaeriefest.com for any additional information about the Festival, and for the purchase of day and/or camping passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth_Placed_Productions View Post
    Hello all! I am posting as the Production Manager of the NY Faerie Festival.
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like a cool event, really, and wasn't aware of it.

Please help..............I want to delete my account permanently, but there is no option for the same in my profile dashboard. I have sent multiple requests to multiple requests to admin Winged Mermaid, but my account is not yet closed! I do not understand what should I do to close my account. So please check this issue and help me to delete this account.

Thanks!