Thread: advise on storing a merfin?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

advise on storing a merfin?

Have some more spam from me...so you're recommended to lay a merfin flat when you store it. This is ok for now cuz it is summer and I am using it a lot. So it goes on my closet floor. Problrm is I have an unbelievable amount of pure sh!t in my closet, so it stays in the middle of the floor and gets in the way. But when it gets cooler and good swimming conditions are null, how should I store for the winter? I am not a pool seahorsey so doubtful I will take it to a pool often. I have no intent to hang it or do anything weird with storage. But would it be ok to roll it up a tad to store it? I hear high heat can get the tips unrolled if it becomes a problem. Otherwise, I feel finding a flat box to store it in will not be easy.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 06-20-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Mine is only a Finis Foil. I leave it on the closet floor year round. The floor is cover with a carpet. The monofin seems to do O.K.--no problems.

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    I keep my Finis Wave in the same plastic bag it was shipped to me. It is a flat bag that closes and has a overture to carry it, and I put it on a hanger, behind my study door.
    The Magictail monofin I keep inside an artist portfolio, behind the same study door, resting against the wall.

I have not had had any problems with either of them.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I lay mine on its side, leaning against the wall. All my fins sit up in this casual way, waiting for their turn in the pool.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I store my leaderfins sport monofin by leaning against the wall It's out of the way

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I may end up doing that...leaning it on the side behind some boxes when it comes time...I don't want to risk the fin rolling, so that may be best considering my lack of available space

My Mahina is hanging on a guitar rack in the corner of the living room.... I need to get out more!