Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signature Problems!?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod

Unhappy Signature Problems!?

My signature isn't showing up! Help?
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Looks like the site you're hosting your image from is down.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Chesapeake Pod
    ooo alright thanx
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    mine doesnt show as a picture, when i use the url from my photobucket site, it doesnt seem to work?
    User previously known as "Natasha".

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    mine doesnt show as a picture, when i use the url from my photobucket site, it doesnt seem to work?
    I hope you don't mind, I used my Admin abilities to go into your profile and take a look at your coding. It turns out you linked the PAGE your photobucket image was on, but not the actual direct link. Where it says "Direct Link" that is the link you need to use. I went ahead and snagged it and replaced it, and it seems to be working now.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Narina's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Narina's Youtube Channel
    thankyou so much! your amazing- im so bad with technical stuff x.x
    your awesome!
    User previously known as "Natasha".

I currently have a video of me swimming that I would love to use in my signiture. I was told that I have to have it in .GIF form...is this true?

yup, I think it's possible to upload a video right into your sig lol ^.^ so upload it to a gif making site, and then make sure the size is correct

Soooo... I'm needing a touch of help too with gifs and all that. Believe me, i've been searching ever since i started here, but nothing makes sense haha! So, i have a short 6 second video of me swimming on my computer and want to put it in my sig. I guess i need to make it a gif first? Well, i went to Bloggif.com and made one, but it came out turned sideways! I also cant put in in my sig even though i downloaded it! Anyone care to help? Just looking for a gif maker site or something
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

That is correct! The gif formats are the animated pictures. Actually you can make one yourself, and it's easy!

First, take the video and crop it down to the portion that you want the animation to be. The shorter the better. Don't go over 10 seconds if possible. Save that as a video clip. Then go to a online video to gif converter site. You can google "video to gif converter online free" and it will give you different sites. Such as gifninja: http://gifninja.com/ . Upload your clip, and it will make it into a gif! Save it. Some will let you resize in the process. If not there's actually a site in the signature thread (http://www.online-image-editor.com/) that will let you crop and resize gifs, as well as add text, borders, and other great stuff!

If your video is uploaded to YouTube, you can use GifSoup (http://www.gifsoup.com/) to make a portion of your video into a gif. However gifsoup has off days and can make one rage quit.

If you have a mac and are computer literate, this is a good way to make a good quality gif: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FB3aTkzVc . There are other tutorials out there for Mac and PC (photoshop, gimp, and other methods) if you google for them.

Gifs can get big in size quickly. I found the only image site that hosts the gifs that are as big/long as I want them is ImageShack.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    it came out turned sideways! I also cant put in in my sig even though i downloaded it! Anyone care to help? Just looking for a gif maker site or something
    The site that's in the signature restrictions site (this one: http://www.online-image-editor.com/) also will allow you to rotate gifs as well! Just upload, edit, and save!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

OK i hate to be a bother... i went and changed my vid to a .GIF format using the links you provided WM...but after I put it into my signiture (the video showed up while editing my sig) and then i posted on a thread, all it shows is the link of where you can view the .gif...any way to correct this?

oops i appologize i have it now i accidentally inserted it as a "picture" thanks for all the help WM

Thank you so much!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

No worries, and no problem! GIFs can be frustrating things to deal with, so I don't mind giving some help

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    how big can the signature be? I keep forgetting the size limit?

You can find the restrictions here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...d-Restrictions

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Pod of Texas Firemaid's Avatar
    test

Emma's got it right. You need the direct link (the one she posted)

Wingéd Mermaid Iona