Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denver Metro meetup

Denver Metro meetup

Hi all! I've been trying to plan a meetup in the Denver Metro area. The last one fell through, but I'd love to try again! I'm thinking a lunch-time picnic at one of the parks/reservoirs in the Denver area (with a swim beach, obviously) on a Saturday or Sunday sometime this summer. A few that I know are Chatfield State Park (Littleton), Bear Creek Lake Park (Lakewood), and Cherry Creek Reservoir (Aurora). Entrance is $10 or less (depending on park) per car.

If anyone is interested in joining and/or has a date/location suggestion, please post!! If there's interest but no specifics, I'll throw out a random date and location, and we can adjust from there

Member Rocky Mountain Pod Shivice's Avatar
    I would be up for a meetup at some point.
    " Look out lad a mermaid be waiting for you. In mysterious fathoms below. "

This sounds like a splendid idea~ Just getting into this community myself and would love to make friends if I can. I love costume making but don't have a tail yet; would not having a tail(s) be acceptable at this meet? I hale from Lakewood~ Thank you for trying to assemble some folks! : )

Quote Originally Posted by lorelei_opaline View Post
    This sounds like a splendid idea~ Just getting into this community myself and would love to make friends if I can. I love costume making but don't have a tail yet; would not having a tail(s) be acceptable at this meet? I hale from Lakewood~ Thank you for trying to assemble some folks! : )
    Definitely! Just come hang out and swim with us!

I'm so glad there's some interest! Do either of you have any particular days that work really well and/or not at all? Any suggestions/preferences on location? I feel like the sooner we can get a date and location set, the better the turnout will be.

Oh, wonderful! Thank you so much for your quick reply~ Any day during the week works for me ( just need a few days ahead of time to plan my work around it ), I'm sorry I'm not too much help picking a day~ ; u ; As far as location though, Bear Creek Lake Park, and Cherry Creek Reservoir seem the most central to the Denver area. Wish we knew more about the locals and which would be more convenient for them. Perhaps it's best just to pick one and see how it goes!

I'd love to try Bear Creek Lake Park. I learned about it when I drove past it a couple months ago, and it was so beautiful with the mountains right there behind it!

A Saturday or Sunday would work best for me. Do we want to try for July or August? (I think the swim beaches are closed after Labor Day, which is the beginning of September.)

I've never personally been but I looked up photos and it's a lovely spot~ Sometime on a weekend should work well too! I wouldn't be able to do July 16th, or August 11th~15th as I have events I'm working those days. So...how about July 23rd, 24th, 30th, or 31st? Gives us some time to maybe get a few more folks together~ If it goes well maybe we can find an indoor place to meet up during the colder months. I think someone mentioned a pool that was tail friendly for those who have tails in the other thread. ' u '

Ok, let's say Bear Creek Lake Park for the July meetup. I'll be out of town the 30th/31st, but the 23rd or 24th works for me!

Sounds good, I'll write it in my planner!

I'm going to wait to see if anyone else has any input on whether to go on Saturday (23rd) or Sunday (24th), and then we can finalize.

Have a friend ( also into mermaids ) who says she's interested in coming as well, she just needs to angle to get one of those days off from work~ : )

Mmmyyyeeessss, bring more mers, good good. *rubs hands together evilly* (Don't mind me, it's the afternoon wine typing)

Member Rocky Mountain Pod Shivice's Avatar
    My family is up to going. Just need to get our work schedules to know if we work or have the day off.
    " Look out lad a mermaid be waiting for you. In mysterious fathoms below. "

Quote Originally Posted by Shivice View Post
    My family is up to going. Just need to get our work schedules to know if we work or have the day off.
    YAY!! And we haven't picked between Saturday (23rd) or Sunday (24th) yet, so let us know if one of those works better for your family!

Any additional feedback on whether Saturday (23rd) or Sunday (24th) works better? If not, I'm gonna say Saturday the 23rd. Let me know (soon!) if that doesn't work for anymer

The 23rd works well for me~ ' u '

DONE! Let's set it for the 23rd. I made a public fb event, if anyone wants to keep in touch there and/or invite friends not on MerNetwork: https://www.facebook.com/events/2065830136976460/

JUST A REMINDER that the Denver area meetup is this Saturday! Hope to meet you lovely mers there!

Have it planned and ready to go! Bringing good sunscreen too, just in case!