Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some one on youtube is dissing on The Mertailor a bad review of her orange tail.

Some one on youtube is dissing on The Mertailor a bad review of her orange tail.

Mishap sorry
    Last edited by Hydro Aqualarin; 06-27-2016 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Mishap

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    Mertailor has a history of being a very risky tail maker to go with, especially with silicone tails. Unless you're a high-profile client you have at LEAST a 50% chance of geting a shoddy tail. I think a big problem people have is that they're sometimes blinded by brand-loyalty (and I am guilty of this too, I admit it) and are unwilling to validate someone who had a bad experience because their own or others were good.

As you said: it pissed you off because she was saying bad things about Mertailor

However a quick search through the forum will reveal that these are not uncommon complaints among merfolk and she has every right to be upset if she spent thousands of dollars and got a sub-standard product. You shouldn't invalidate her issues just because other people are happy.

Would you mind sharing a link to the video? If I could watch it I'd be able to make some clearer points.

Like Mer-Crazy said: whether it upsets you or not, people will review the tails they receive good or bad.. I mean its not meant to be rude or anything, but we should share our experiences and let future potential customers decide.

But an example: its like if you scrimped and saved up for 5 years and paid for your custom made design that you've always dreamed of, trusting this person to deliver and suddenly you get it and its falling apart or incorrectly made, things are happening that could be a danger to this person. Fabric tails are one thing, silicone tails are another, they are two different beasts that's for sure.

I know some people are sensitive about certain topics, but best look at the actual reviews before quickly chewing off someone for "dissing" your favorite tail maker. Please understand that we, as a forum do our best to support each other in every way, we share important information and warn others of things which happen with our own experiences. Everyone has ups and downs, but please take a moment and read the reviews below, they also have video and pictures as well.

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...1227-Mertailor
    Last edited by New York Mermaid; 06-27-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: cause apparently I cant spell right

Pretty sure that is a really old review that raina did. Can you link the video?
    The SeaGlass Siren

Mertailor is also known for deleting negative comments about his service and products from his pages. That's why it's such a huge echo chamber of positive reviews. He has a tendency to attack anyone that gives him negative reviews as well.
    Last edited by MermaidCelesteFL; 06-27-2016 at 08:47 AM.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hey. What's good.

First of all, did you just join this forum to argue with anyone who had a bad mertailor experience?

Are you a kid? Honestly?

Why are you posting in the wrong place?

it was my review. it was true. My tail sucked, and gave me blood poisoning. It's all well documented. Lots of people have terrible experiences with mertailor. You can see it all here. It's also like 5 years olds.

I think this is a child on the forum, so I'm going to refrain here...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Cataleya's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Cataleya on Facebook
    For anyone interested I believe this is the one I think they are talking about its bad ...,,, https://youtu.be/ugUh6eCpWD4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "In the depth in find our soul, in darkness we find our true self. "

I have moved this thread to the correct field. Please be careful to post new threads in the correct place.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    His profile says he's 35, Raina.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Regardless, it does seem someone joined only to make posts about MT.

4 Forum Posts so far:

-MT tails are the best
    -someone disses MT, that's horrible

and two one-liners ("nice tail" and "hi I'm new anyone knows where I can swim thx").

It's always strange when someone new jumps right into the tailmaker-drama issues, when this forum has a wealth of information one can easily get lost in for months without even touching any of the maker discussions.

Lots of people lie about their age, especially 11 year olds. lol

PS FOR ANYONE WHO DIDNT KNOW

Eric actually 100% admitted his wrongdoing, there was a now deleted blog post about it. He apologized to me like a year later and offered to make me a replacement tail. But, when I publicly took issues with mermaid melissa, he decided he could no longer make me a tail to replace the shitty one, and reverted back to harassing me and trying to make people think I made the whole thing up. I'm fairly sure it's documented around here somewhere. but yeah on the record, he ADMITTED he F*ed up

AniaR you just made it looked like you wanted to mess up Eric's career to me. By saying all those bad things about him like he takes advantage of people to the world online Youtube. I apologies to you for making it seem like you were just complaining over and over about your tail. It was just the way you put it on Youtube for the world to see your messed up tail and then post up a review like that can ruin his career and for those that got great silicone tails from him to question if they ever want to do business wis him ever again. Take care and im so sorry for the mishap of your tail. If he was or still the way he is then why will he be on the Mernetwork on mer tails to buy.

Truth hurts.

he was banned from mernetwork, for consistently trying to hack it and harass people. lol

You realize his shitty stuff and bad reviews are allllll over here, right? lol you can literally see it all first hand for yourself.

People should question, since a huge amount get shitty products

This is going to sound harsh, but it's true...

If someone produces a product like that and then refuses to put it right, they deserve to have their career ruined. They also have nobody to blame but themselves - they've thrown away their own career by not doing their job properly.

Potential clients deserve to know if someone is producing shoddy work.

If you want only good reviews, then only produce good work. If something goes wrong with a tail you've made, then fix it. That's the tail maker's responsibility. They earn their reputation - be it good or bad. You can't blame the client for the tail maker's mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro Aqualarin View Post
    If he was or still the way he is then why will he be on the Mernetwork on mer tails to buy.
    As I understand it, he does just enough to keep from getting blacklisted. Unlike blacklisted companies that take payment and refuse to provide either tails or refunds, he does provide tails. They are not necessarily good tails, but if you give him money you will get something in return. The rubber tails he makes now are no longer made from the same materials he used for Raina's tail (he does use silicone instead of Alex Plus, which is a weird silicone/latex blend used for bathroom caulking) but the fit is still hit or miss, and the workmanship is poor. As for the fabric tails he sells, they are fairly standard and whether you like them or not is a matter of opinion.

and let's be honest, we never know really when he uses real silicone or tincure....

Add UtahMermaidPearl on Facebook
    That's very true. We could always ask Matt. Who know what he'll say though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro Aqualarin View Post
    AniaR you just made it looked like you wanted to mess up Eric's career to me. By saying all those bad things about him like he takes advantage of people to the world online Youtube. I apologies to you for making it seem like you were just complaining over and over about your tail. It was just the way you put it on Youtube for the world to see your messed up tail and then post up a review like that can ruin his career and for those that got great silicone tails from him to question if they ever want to do business wis him ever again. Take care and im so sorry for the mishap of your tail. If he was or still the way he is then why will he be on the Mernetwork on mer tails to buy.

1) please use grammar. You sound like a 10 year old defending their favorite celebrity.

2) Hi. Former mertailor mermaid here. had a silicone tail of his. It arrived with a hole in the fluke where the monofin was ripping through. the seams ripped, and oh, when I sold it to another mermaid? the seams full-on FAILED and the tail came apart. NO it wasn't her measurements. In addition, his seams are sloppy and rough. I have a damaged nerve in my hip from his hard seams. His silicone DOES NOT STRETCH. Which makes me think it was NOT DragonSkin as advertised but some other silicone (I know he has used silicone for moulding-can't think of the brand name- in the past). The special "monofin" was homemade and not sufficient for the tail. Basically the whole tail was a mess. I didn't even realize how shoddy it was until I received a quality tail from someone else.

Does Eric make pretty tails? yes. Does he make them for high-profile clients? yes. Is he capable of making nice tails? certainly.
    However, it seems more often than not, he makes shoddy products and is focused on profit, not quality.
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website