Thread: MER Yoga!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I can't even touch my toes! Though the poses look really neat, its not something I can do. I've never been flexible and when I did try, I heard things creaking and cracking, and am in pain for weeks.
    any flexibility must be slowly worked toward over many months/years.
    The older you start, the longer it takes.
    You should never do any flexibility training to the point where it's painful, that's the fastest way to injure yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    any flexibility must be slowly worked toward over many months/years.
    The older you start, the longer it takes.
    You should never do any flexibility training to the point where it's painful, that's the fastest way to injure yourself.
    Yes very true! I started as an adult and it took me a long time to get to where I am now with my flexibility, and the best lesson I have learnt is to take it slow and listen to my body. I used to be so gun ho when it came to stretching, I would push myself further and further because I was so determined to get better, but what ended up happening is I just injured myself and then had to take many months or years off to recover. I don't want to dishearten anyone but I found that as I get older my body has become more susceptible to injury and takes longer to recover. So slow and steady is definitely the best approach!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Member formerly known as leomar