Thread: MER Yoga!

MER Yoga!

So I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought it is appropriate to put it up as a mer challenge for others to try!

I've been thinking about the concept of doing yoga stretches whilst in a tail for a while, and having recently started to stretch my back again I thought I would finally give it a go! Here are the results, hope you like them! (Sorry about the blurry photos in some of them as I had no one to take pictures for me and had to screen capture them instead from a video)

Anyway, my challenge to other mers is to try some yoga poses in your tail and post the results! Are there any poses you can think of that I've missed? Let me know what you think!

Sea Serpent Pose

Sunbaking Mermaid Pose

Breaching Whale Pose

Fun Under the Ocean pose

Clam shell pose

Morning Mermaid pose

Swaying Seagrass pose

Majestic Coral pose

Pipefish pose

Downward Fish

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Merman Andrew; 07-04-2016 at 02:26 AM.
    Member formerly known as leomar

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    that's amazing!
    We had some discussion whether it's possible to do the scorpion in a tail, and voilą, there you do it

Love the names you came up with, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    that's amazing!
    We had some discussion whether it's possible to do the scorpion in a tail, and voilą, there you do it

Love the names you came up with, as well.
    Yea that's what prompted me to think about trying it, as well as some other poses. I knew in my head that scorpion would be possible if I did it via a headstand entry. Although getting into a headstand was much more difficult in a tail I managed it, so thought I'd give scorpion a go!

I actually have a white sparkly RG ball, I realised afterwards that I could have used that as my "pearl" for the clamshell pose! Next time!

such a great Idea!
    Claudia of the Sea.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I can't even touch my toes! Though the poses look really neat, its not something I can do. I've never been flexible and when I did try, I heard things creaking and cracking, and am in pain for weeks.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Jaffa — I can't either! :-) But I am content with swimming on my back on my side with the Finis Foil on the surface. I get a good core workout, and that is enough for me.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I can't even touch my toes! Though the poses look really neat, its not something I can do. I've never been flexible and when I did try, I heard things creaking and cracking, and am in pain for weeks.
    any flexibility must be slowly worked toward over many months/years.
    The older you start, the longer it takes.
    You should never do any flexibility training to the point where it's painful, that's the fastest way to injure yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    any flexibility must be slowly worked toward over many months/years.
    The older you start, the longer it takes.
    You should never do any flexibility training to the point where it's painful, that's the fastest way to injure yourself.
    Yes very true! I started as an adult and it took me a long time to get to where I am now with my flexibility, and the best lesson I have learnt is to take it slow and listen to my body. I used to be so gun ho when it came to stretching, I would push myself further and further because I was so determined to get better, but what ended up happening is I just injured myself and then had to take many months or years off to recover. I don't want to dishearten anyone but I found that as I get older my body has become more susceptible to injury and takes longer to recover. So slow and steady is definitely the best approach!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

This looks awesome ^.^ I started practicing yoga this year but its been sort of off and on :/ I've been thinking of getting back into it and then I stumble across this! I love it ^.^ you've given me the push I needed to get back into my yoga practice.
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ava View Post
    This looks awesome ^.^ I started practicing yoga this year but its been sort of off and on :/ I've been thinking of getting back into it and then I stumble across this! I love it ^.^ you've given me the push I needed to get back into my yoga practice.
    Glad to hear I inspired you! Now you can think about all the Mermaid yoga poses that are possible when you do your next yoga class!

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

I love yoga!!! Oh I miss it so much- and with a tail!!! Eeek- I'm going to try this when I get the opportunity- maybe later tonight if I can find the time!!

Sent from my Shell-Phone

If you do try make sure you post some photos!!