Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I Ever Get My Merrowfins Tail?

Guys I'm so glad I found this thread because I'm honestly getting furious. I'm almost (2 weeks) to the 9 month anniversary of my ordering my BASIC silicone tail. I don't know where to turn because honestly whenever I message Matt I either don't hear back or I hear "your tail is going out tomorrow/at the end of the week." It's a basic silicone tail. BASIC. I got a photo of almost completion oct. 16th. What should I do?

Ive read what happens when he recieves loads of messages from one person trying to figure out what's going on, and he becomes impossible to reach. 1,000 is a lot of money to me and I don't just want to let it go and hope I get the tail eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    Ive read what happens when he recieves loads of messages from one person trying to figure out what's going on, and he becomes impossible to reach. 1,000 is a lot of money to me and I don't just want to let it go and hope I get the tail eventually.
    You've got a right to be angry, I would be if I paid 1k to someone who just disappeared. Have you reminded him of his own promises to mail you quickly?

I'm following tailmaker threads cos' I hope to order a silicone one of my own, but seeing how many consistently go silent and fail to keep promises makes me wonder how sustainable the whole thing really is
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Lunabelle what did the photo of the tail look like? I ask because some ppl send pictures of work for other costumers just to keep ppl quiet.

I would message again asking for a finished tail photo and a valid tracking number by the end of the week before you post a very negative review. (Hopefully tge idea of a negative review will kick his butt in gear)

His insta hasn't been updated with any new tails (he's been posting the same old tails over and over) but he's been posting selfies and new tails for his team so he should have been found time for your tail of he has time for selfies and new tails for his team /pod.

Sent from my LG-M210 using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    You've got a right to be angry, I would be if I paid 1k to someone who just disappeared. Have you reminded him of his own promises to mail you quickly?

I'm following tailmaker threads cos' I hope to order a silicone one of my own, but seeing how many consistently go silent and fail to keep promises makes me wonder how sustainable the whole thing really is
    Hi! I would highly recommend Mermaid Citrine if you're looking for a tail maker! I ordered a fully customized, full silicone tail from Mermaid Citrine and received it in a month for only $2150, that's with shipping and 2 sets of decorative fins! She's new to the silicome game but has been making latex tails for a few years. She was very reliable and accomadating to my deadline(my tail was a week early!), and actually reached out to me more than I did to her and we spent hours corresponding to get the design perfect! She sent multiple progress pictures and sent photos before it was sealed to make sure the coloration was correct. She just recently announced that she has a spot available so definitely check her out!
    I'd post a photo but I can't figure out how to do that, I'm new to mernetwork! But you can check her out on Instagram or myself @mikinedesigns.

So yesterday I asked for a tracking number and he said that it'd be here today. Ups said there was a package due for delivery on monday?? Idk. Monday will be month 9 on the dot since placing the order for my basic from him...

Was there contracts drawn up? You can always take the legal route. I would like to eventually expand my tail collection so I've been looking at various other tail makers. I've been seeing a number of bad posts about his work ethic, he's also a "new" tail maker and doesn't have a slew of clients like others so there's no real reason he should be so behind on tails.
    Mermaid based out of Orange County, CA!
    Check out my mermaid adventures and costume creations @mikinedesigns on Instagram or Facebook! Or check out my website mikinedesigns.com

Tail by Mermaid Citrine
    Gap Wrap by Mernation

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by MiKineDesigns View Post
    Hi! I would highly recommend Mermaid Citrine if you're looking for a tail maker! I ordered a fully customized, full silicone tail from Mermaid Citrine and received it in a month for only $2150, that's with shipping and 2 sets of decorative fins! She's new to the silicome game but has been making latex tails for a few years. She was very reliable and accomadating to my deadline(my tail was a week early!), and actually reached out to me more than I did to her and we spent hours corresponding to get the design perfect! She sent multiple progress pictures and sent photos before it was sealed to make sure the coloration was correct. She just recently announced that she has a spot available so definitely check her out!
    I'd post a photo but I can't figure out how to do that, I'm new to mernetwork! But you can check her out on Instagram or myself @mikinedesigns.
    For some reason I thought Citrine wasn't making tails anymore! Nice to hear she's still in the game

Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    So yesterday I asked for a tracking number and he said that it'd be here today. Ups said there was a package due for delivery on monday?? Idk. Monday will be month 9 on the dot since placing the order for my basic from him...
    Let's hope that's it and you're happy with it. All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Did you ever end up getting the tail?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lola View Post
    Did you ever end up getting the tail?
    Yep, right on the 9-month mark... It's nothing spectacular and initially I had planned on selling it, but I put it on today and unfortunately I love it. Sadly however, it's missing the glitter coat and the UV reactivity... But at this point, I don't plan on sending it back.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

That's a bummer about the paint job, but at least you loved the tail! Thank goodness he finally sent it out to you.

Do you have any pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Momo View Post
    Do you have any pictures of it?

I do!