Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaid or merman Casting Call for a baby shower

And now we can't even post up casting calls here without people flipping their shit and stirring up unnecessary drama.

Super. Great job, guys!

(For what it's worth, Meilyn, good luck finding someone! If I was in the area I'd offer to do it in a heartbeat!)

Mermaid or merman Casting Call for a baby shower

Tieri: I can't help but feel that's pointed at me. And that's hurtful. And now I feel the need to defend myself. See how outside people get pulled into drama?

If the OP had come in and posted a casting call and left it at that, there would have been no problem! But from what I see, the OP is the the one who "flipped their shit" when advised that they would have more luck finding what they are looking for at a different price point.

This wouldn't have been anything if they OP hadn't turned insulting, even bringing their drama into OTHER threads where nobody was addressing this at all. And even with that, I was totally neutral until I saw the comments that I already mentioned before which quite frankly are part of a bigger problem (assumptions about mermaiding, entitlement, and "for trade"). So I felt the need to advise the OP that some of their comments were considered rude and insulting. I figured that maybe they weren't aware.

The trouble with these things is when it becomes personal. People discussing price points is fine until someone insults another's person or business. THEN drama starts, because people create sides and start to blame each other, and then they start hurting the feelings of people OUTSIDE the original situation, so neither side will let it go.

There were never any sides to this, guys! There was a person and advice given. Honestly, this could all have been avoided had the OP either not replied or said, "Hey, that's good to know, we're sticking with our budget, though." Whether that person takes the advice is up to them, in this case the person (IMO) responded badly. I felt that they needed to know that this reflects on their client practices (I've had clients who behave like this, and I've learned it's a red flag in how they will treat their performer) and that their assumptions were rude. You know, like when you see someone doing something that's going to bite them in the butt and you're like, "Hey, you don't want to do that." Now, maybe I said it in a way that was confusing, but I'm not a PR rep or speech writer or anything.

So, advice has been given. The OP has the choice to accept it and move on, to not accept it and move on, or to take it as a personal insult (not the way it was meant) and create drama. Personally, I hope for the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Wasn't just directed at you, chill out. I will say though, given how badly you've been lashing out at people here and making everything about you lately, maybe you need to take a step back for a little while.

It isn't Meilyn's fault that people saw her casting call and decided to tear it apart over nothing. S'all I was saying.

Let's get back on topic, yeah?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Has everyone forgotten the meaning of the word FORUM?

Casting call was posted, observation was given on $$$, then everyone lost their fucking minds.

Christ, I am so done with this place.

Wow...This is ridiculous... All i was doing was trying to suggest maybe upping the price, not indenting to insult or offend anyone and holy, this blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAutisticMermaid View Post
    Wow...This is ridiculous... All i was doing was trying to suggest maybe upping the price, not indenting to insult or offend anyone and holy, this blew up.
    You weren't wrong, Abby. No need to worry.

It was actually a nice starting point for someone with no experience and a fabric tail. Compared to my $9/hour job, I would've taken $40 an hour to do something I love so much and that makes other people happy. I'm a VA mer, though.

Everyone made their points, and good ones at that, and now we can all just take a breather since the event is already booked

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Psss...You need to update that signature of you're mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by TheAutisticMermaid View Post
    Psss...You need to update that signature of you're mermaid Whisper
    *blushes* right you are, and I'll get right on it!

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    I agree with Madison.
    BAE! Love you! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Madison MerFaerie View Post
    BAE! Love you! <3
    *whispers* Arion is secretly everyone's bae. #notsosecretanymore

Laumina the Storm Siren