Thread: Northern VA meetups?

Northern VA meetups?

Hey, merfriends!

I live in the Winchester area of Virginia, about an hour and a half from DC and three hours from Richmond.

Are there any mers in my area that would like to meet up, either to hang out as people or swim as mermaids? I'd really love to make new friends. I've been very lonely for the last ten years or so.

I haven't had my first swim yet, but I'd love to do it with you guys message me here, Facebook, Instagram, whatever! It's all in my signature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

You are about an hour and 40 min away from me. I'm on the Maryland side of DC. If we can get a group together I would be willing to make a drive. I have never met another mer and since I just moved here from PA I don't know anyone so it would be great to make new friends!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

That would be fintastic! I've never met another mer, either. The only problem is that I can't drive :/

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

I remember you mentioning that somewhere before. That's why I offered to make the drive over closer to you. If we get enough people maybe a carpool could be arranged. Know of any good places to swim in your area?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aria View Post
    I remember you mentioning that somewhere before. That's why I offered to make the drive over closer to you. If we get enough people maybe a carpool could be arranged. Know of any good places to swim in your area?

Ah, thank you! There's hardly anywhere to swim in my city, actually. There's Sherando Pool, but it's extremely crowded and they don't allow masks, let alone tails! The Shenandoah River is one that I've always loved but never tried. It's got a bit of a current in some spots, but those are deeper, anyway. It goes from 3-30 feet, depending on where you're at. I've really got to find some swimming spots *sigh*

Laumina the Storm Siren

*slides in* necroposting for the win!

The Jim Barnett pool ($5 entry) allows mermaid tails! Aw yiss!

I had a fintastic swim there the other day. Lots of stares and awestruck children, but they all loved it!

Laumina the Storm Siren

Hello(: I'm in the stafford area of virginia would love to meet and swim with yall sometime!