Thread: Lost: very first gig - me in pool and children outside - what tricks to do?

Lost: very first gig - me in pool and children outside - what tricks to do?

Hello!

I finally got my first gig and I am super nervous about it.
    It is in a pool of a 4 star hotel. The children are on dry land with me in the water.
    I will read them a story (they are all Italian, so I got to polish up my second language), swim a bit around and answer questions for about half an hour.
    The story telling bit is not a problem I think (there must be some on the internet), but the swimming bit is difficult.
    What tricks can you think of to do that are visible from outside the pool that will excite children? I'm a bit lost here.

Thank you for your time and help.

Have a nice day!
    All the best,
    Mermaid Miradis
    <object classid="clsidFacebook: Mermaid Miradis ------- Twitter: @MermaidMiradis
    mermaidmiradis@gmail.com
    YouTube: Mermaid Miradis
    </object>

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    if you can find a hula hoop kids like to swim though those!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I think the kids are dry only from her post...

Lots of fluke slaps for sure, maybe some splashing, backflips, see how fast you can swim. Bubble rings are also cool to look down at from my experience but honestly they'd probably be keen to just touch your tail and talk to you, I think they'd like the interaction better than just watching you swim around.

If you can get hold of some dive rings or items that they can throw in the pool for you to "fetch," I've found they like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Doing a similar thing this weekend. Gonna have "jewels" thrown in the pool I can then go fetch and give to the kiddos.
    Have fun!

I agree with Mer-Crazy, interaction is key. Most kids don't sit still well if they're just watching someone.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think the kids are dry only from her post...

but the swimming bit is difficult.
    What tricks can you think of to do that are visible from outside the pool that will excite children

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    [/COLOR]
    The tricks need to be visible from outside the pool for the kids, that's why I thought SHE is swimming but the kids are watching.

OP, can you clarify?

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

Sorry, of course! I couldn't get down to reply yet. Yes indeed, that's what I meant. The tricks have to be visible from dry land, as the children don't go into the water. It is just me swimming alone in the water.

Thank you all so much for the help and support! Now I have got some idea what to do and I think it'll go well I have got some coloured stones that I will be using and the tricks will help too! I got a big mersona story going on, so the talking bit shouldn't be a problem either (Raina and many others have given some really helpful tips throughout the forum).
    <object classid="clsidFacebook: Mermaid Miradis ------- Twitter: @MermaidMiradis
    mermaidmiradis@gmail.com
    YouTube: Mermaid Miradis
    </object>

I agree about having rings.
    Maybe you could decorate some dive rings with seaweed? They could throw them and you fetch it?
    Maybe being some jewels you can put on the bottom and go get them and give to the kids at the end?
    I would avoid having the kids throw gems. They might peg you in the face. Taking glass gems to the side of the head sounds painful.

Also fluke slaps, bubble rings. Interaction is a huge thing. You could also work on your breath hold and have them time you?
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

My children and I love doing different tricks. What will you recommend?

Ohh, nice, my children adore tricks. I have even ordered a gym play set for them from this site evas-brand.com . They play very often with a swing, a climbing ladder and gymnastic rings that are in the gym kit. As we all know, children are interested in activities. They do different tricks with these goods and it is so cool.