Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell: Mermaids on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    New video whaddup! I am particularly proud of this one (especially since I edited it in only 2 days!)
    Do you have a friend film it or do you film yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by SirenAngel View Post

Once again, not exactly mermaiding BUT I'm in am Ariel casual cosplay for this <3 So proud of the group for putting this together with me!
    No surprise here but my favorite part was The Little Mermaid medley!! I've been playing for about 10 years too!

Quote Originally Posted by Avya View Post
    That's awesome SirenAngel! I played flute for 10 years throughout school. I miss it. Hearing this makes my heart happy.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much Avya! <3 I'm currently majoring in Flute Performance and this group keeps my love of it alive in the midst of all the crazy stuff in school XD I'm super happy to hear it makes you happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Waves of Ash View Post
    No surprise here but my favorite part was The Little Mermaid medley!! I've been playing for about 10 years too!
    No surprise here that Part of Your World was my favorite one to arrange XD Super glad you enjoyed it! <3

Do you have a friend film it or do you film yourself?
    I usually film them by myself and just do lots of clever angles! I really don't like letting other people trying to film me - it usually winds up with lots of unusable footage.
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I usually film them by myself and just do lots of clever angles! I really don't like letting other people trying to film me - it usually winds up with lots of unusable footage.
    Color me impressed! I also don't like relying on people filming me but I haven't found a reliable way to get steady shots! Do tell how you get the shots just below the surface without the camera moving??

Color me impressed! I also don't like relying on people filming me but I haven't found a reliable way to get steady shots! Do tell how you get the shots just below the surface without the camera moving??
    Hee hee trade secret! But it involves a selfie stick and a lane rope.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Guys I am so pumped to share this one! I had a pretty incredible time showing the magic of mermaiding to another lifeguard!
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

That is really cool to know Faith! I have the same problem. My boyfriend was even into filming videos with friends so I thought he would be able to take usable footage for me. I gave him lots of instructions of what I wanted and everything and most of the footage wasn't usable. That is super inspiring that you film yourself. I am sure it takes practice to figure out where to swim so that you are in the shot, etc.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    That is really cool to know Faith! I have the same problem. My boyfriend was even into filming videos with friends so I thought he would be able to take usable footage for me. I gave him lots of instructions of what I wanted and everything and most of the footage wasn't usable. That is super inspiring that you film yourself. I am sure it takes practice to figure out where to swim so that you are in the shot, etc.
    Thank you Alea! Trust me tons of times I goof it up with the camera pointing in the wrong direction and stuff but they usually turn out much better than if I've got someone else filming me. Sometimes I do try and get some more "organic" moving shots filmed by others just to make the video more dynamic and less boring.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

I was just watching your two newest videos. You are definitely getting creative with those shots! At this point I am not sure what to do. I wanted a GoPro last Christmas and my family got me a knockoff version which I had no problem with until I filmed with it. The quality isn't great but I was expecting that, but the unforeseen problem I am having with it is that it is zoomed in a lot. I have read the manual several times and been through all the settings. There isn't a zoom option so the camera is just automatically zoomed in. Basically I can hold my arm fully out with the camera facing me and it will only get a closeup of my eyes and some of my nose. I had the camera at the surface of the pool and I swam at the very bottom and the camera still didn't capture my full body in the shot. I spent a long time in the pool trying to get all sorts of shots and then when I got home and was able to view it on a larger screen I realized that I didn't capture anything I was doing! I guess it made me disheartened but I do want to get some good shots eventually lol.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    I was just watching your two newest videos. You are definitely getting creative with those shots! At this point I am not sure what to do. I wanted a GoPro last Christmas and my family got me a knockoff version which I had no problem with until I filmed with it. The quality isn't great but I was expecting that, but the unforeseen problem I am having with it is that it is zoomed in a lot. I have read the manual several times and been through all the settings. There isn't a zoom option so the camera is just automatically zoomed in. Basically I can hold my arm fully out with the camera facing me and it will only get a closeup of my eyes and some of my nose. I had the camera at the surface of the pool and I swam at the very bottom and the camera still didn't capture my full body in the shot. I spent a long time in the pool trying to get all sorts of shots and then when I got home and was able to view it on a larger screen I realized that I didn't capture anything I was doing! I guess it made me disheartened but I do want to get some good shots eventually lol.
    If I'm ever in a pinch I pick up a waterproof phone bag. It's not perfect for filming, but I know that my phone will work!
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

MERRY FISHMAS HERE IS A NEW VIDEO BECAUSE THE DECORATIONS WERE CHRISTMASY WHEN I FILMED IT AND GOSH DARN IT I WANTED IT TO STILL BE SEASONALLY RELAVENT SO I EDITED IT ALL DAY YESTERDAY https://youtu.be/W_BIQUdiu-8

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

I finally got around to editing a channel trailer and added a fun mermaid twist to it!

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

I finally got around to editing a channel trailer and added a fun mermaid twist to it!

Wow! That intro was awesome!!! So professional yet so you! Good job!

Wow! That intro was awesome!!! So professional yet so you! Good job!
    Thank you so much! It took a lot longer to make than I thought it would have.

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

I'm back again with a new video, done in a slightly different style as a result of trying to please myself, companies that send me stuff and the people!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB5_PJ8PbNg

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Hey guys, I already introduced myself but I'm back here to say that I have a youtube channel thats going to have many new mermaid swim clips with my new finfolk tail as well as question videos, vlogs, my art and maybe DIY projects for cute and useful things. heres my channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBL5FPdisVg please subscribe! I promise to put quality over quantity <3

*whispers* did you all know that I used to do mermaid makeup tutorials with waterproof makeup?

What if I started doing that again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    *whispers* did you all know that I used to do mermaid makeup tutorials with waterproof makeup?

YES PLEASE I SUCK AT MAKEUP

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post

I agree with Whisper!! I want to get a more theatrical makeup look for when I swim and suck at that type of makeup. I can do cosplay makeup just fine but definitely not underwater.