Thread: First Run of Mermaid Makeup

First Run of Mermaid Makeup

Being a bit of a newbie when it comes to mermaid makeup, I'm still in the process of getting a look that I really like. I've never contoured with pigmented eyeshadow before so it might look a little weird. But not bad for a first attempt I must say. I wanna try and actually get scales on my face at some point either with pigments or sequins glued on but I thought I'd give it a shot

What do you lovely mers think for a first attempt at my mersona' makeup?

Name:  IMG_2398.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  14.2 KB
    The Crystal Mermaid of The Seafarer's Grotto
    Princess Nymphia of the Sea
    Instagram: @crystallinemermaid
    Solo Performer Facebook: Nymphia the Crystal Mermaid
    Business Facebook: The Seafarer's Grotto: Mermaid for Hire

I love your ear fins! Did you make them or buy? Do they stay on in water? I have really wanted some!

As as for the makeup it looks nice! I think it would be cute to add some pigment to your forehead area maybe, but then again I like lots of color and sparkle and stick on gems! My only concern would be that that blue may not show up underwater if you did underwater video or photography.

There are lots of water proof makeup tutorials online that have good advice. (I always look for ones that have girls IN the pool in the thumbnail to know they are really gonna test it enough for a mermaid) But basic advice seems to be cream makeup is the way to go and don't tough your face. :P

Thanks so much I actually bought them on Amazon and they were originally more on the line of a pinkish, flesh tone color.
    I painted them green and aqua using some pearlescent acryllic paint.

I want to but my mermaid character wig will eventually have really huge bangs so if I do some pigment on the forehead it might shroud it. I've been trying to do the scale technique but UGHHH its so frustrating getting the fishnet to stay put. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't had much luck with that. I may try it using one of my net wig caps but I wasn't getting enough color showing up and the net wanted to move. I have been meaning to try my mermaid makeup but I don't own any orange makeup! I use Pinterest a lot to find makeup in the color I want or just mermaid costume makeup looks.

My big problem is I still wear goggles...I think I'd smudge everything. I still need to try it out soon.

Trust me Pinterest has definitely become my best resource for everything now I keep all my makeup references and tail inspiration on there.

Definitely give it a shot. I'd love to see it once you get some orange makeup. It'd be really cool if you added a bit of a metallic sheen to it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    I have found that if you cut off the foot part of fishnets (from about the knee down) and stretch it over your whole head that it is tight enough to hold still. It is a bit uncomfortable but doesn't take too long. I also use acrylic face paint instead of make up because I didn't feel like the make up showed up enough