Thread: Dance Routines?

Dance Routines?

To the mers who've done performing before. How do you guys choreograph to music in water. Of course I've done my fair share of flips, bubble kisses and spins but any other dance moves I can do either above or underwater?
    The Crystal Mermaid of The Seafarer's Grotto
    Princess Nymphia of the Sea
    Instagram: @crystallinemermaid
    Solo Performer Facebook: Nymphia the Crystal Mermaid
    Business Facebook: The Seafarer's Grotto: Mermaid for Hire

Ive been turning my gears on this one too. Next spring we will start our shows with a flip line...? Instead of kick line...I dont know im still working on my bad puns. Trying to think of dance moves some for in the tank some for dry. Today I saw a rhythmic gymnast with a ball and I was thinking....hmmm some of those moves with a pearl colored ball....but they start at like $80....so its a bit much for an experiment when im funneling so much money into this....but some day!

Quote Originally Posted by anami View Post
    Ive been turning my gears on this one too. Next spring we will start our shows with a flip line...? Instead of kick line...I dont know im still working on my bad puns. Trying to think of dance moves some for in the tank some for dry. Today I saw a rhythmic gymnast with a ball and I was thinking....hmmm some of those moves with a pearl colored ball....but they start at like $80....so its a bit much for an experiment when im funneling so much money into this....but some day!
    A "flip line" sounds pretty interesting and kind of funny, it's a mermaid Can-can xD. I imagine with dry events with the tail you can get away with a lot of floor work.

It's hard coming up with dance moves in water and above water. I mean my current routine for Nymphia's (my Mermaid persona) story does have a lot of above water moves with ballet and lyrical jazz but in water I'm completely stumped.

I tried googling synchronized swimming moves but even that didn't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooo this is a good forum topic, gets me excited! Would like to know who would be interested in starting up some choreographing around Oregon/Norther Cali?!

There would be lessons, and a place to just have the mer community come together and make some cool moves under water

Let me know what you all think! I'll discuss more in depth when I am moved out there completely this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidShae View Post
    Ooo this is a good forum topic, gets me excited! Would like to know who would be interested in starting up some choreographing around Oregon/Norther Cali?!

There would be lessons, and a place to just have the mer community come together and make some cool moves under water

Let me know what you all think! I'll discuss more in depth when I am moved out there completely this winter.

That'd be a great idea for a workshop. Someone start that and they'd be set.

Since a lot of mermaids I've seen usually prefer to go solo for their gigs, I'd love to see what someone could come up with.