Thread: Dolphins

Dolphins

Do you know some places where you can find Dolphins? (not in cage)

I know in the kroatian adria there are somes left. The dolphins reef in Israel... I heard something from newsealand? And the Kohabeach where Mermaid Dana swam with them....

Do you know other places or a place in detail where you can find dolphins to swimm with.

In some countries the aren't happy if you want to swimm with them... did you ever swim with a dolphin?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania happyguava's Avatar
    I went on a seal and dolphin swim last year - they took us out in a boat, first of all to where the seals hang out and we got to go and snorkel and frolic with them. We then went looking for dolphins to swim with - sadly it was winter so we didn't find any, but it was still an awesome experience.

My friend went on the same tour a few weeks later and they were blessed with the company of a pod of dolphins. I think it's so cool that people are able to swim with them, but it's more or less up to the dolphins if they want to hide or stay away.

I think the same as you. If they don't want to, the hide or swim away and no human swimming can follow a dolphin... (just hunting them in a motorboat, but I hope that nobody will do this...) but some activists say, that you are just allowed to watch them from a boat because they are wild animals and might attack you or the risk of a disease for the dolphin.

But I think that there's no problem... In my special case I can talk telepathic with animals and I think, that they are happy to show us there way of life...

You should narrow it down a little bit; where are you able/planning to travel? There are numerous outposts around the world where you have the opportunity to swim with wild dolphins. One of the most popular and acessable is in the Bahamas off Little Bahama Bank, where spotted dolphins routinely show curiosity in humans. There are others, hector's dolphin swimming in New Zealand, Hawaii offers swimming with spinner dolphins, i've seen companies that offer it in Egypt (the Red Sea) ... anywhere it is legal and with a decent sightings opportunity, you can bet someone has set up shop to make lots of money off swimming with wild dolphins.

Always remember though that dolphins are not kittens, and you are taking a big risk getting in the water with them. A bottlenose dolphin can weigh up to 700 pounds, and they are not afraid to show you whos boss. Not that I believe dolphins are inherently aggressive toward humans, however I do strongly believe that people need to respect dolphins as incredibly strong and cunning predators, not care-free and smiling children of the sea.

I swam/kayaked with dolphins when I went to South Africa with some friends. But that's also the place where National Geographic films all of their shark documentaries.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

@taz: I think you missunderstood me... I don't go anywhere now. I just wanted to talk about places because I think that some people might want to know... and maybe I travel there too sometimes...

My respect from Nature and Animals, also dolphins, is great... but I don't fear them...

Dolphins and porpoises do swim up and down the East Coast, and can be spotted from beaches, but they're usually a significant distance out from even the areas were deeper human swimmers like to swim/ride the waves.

If you're there during the right season, you can sometimes see dolphins at Ocean City, MD. They're pretty far out though, so you most likely wouldn't be able to swim with them.

We saw dolphins at two of the beaches in Naples last week. People started to swim out towards them and they did follow a sail boarder for a while. Another time we saw two dolphins batting a very large fish back and forth,people swam up towards them and then they left. If I saw dolphins batting a large fish around,I'd leave them be....

Believe it or not (sometimes I really don't) but I always see dolphins(porpoises) every time we go fishing in the gulf of mexico. Once while my parents were diving, a pod swam right by! We often feed the dolphins some bait fish (hook free of course) off the back of the boat. They prefer fresh snapper though. Once, we let a snapper that was too small to keep go and a dolphin we didn't see following us threw him in the air and did a little jump dance thing to say thanks for the easy food! It was so cool! He stuck with us all day until we returned to shore. I love watching them surf the boats wake. And anger time my brother and I were at the front of the boat as we were traveling and three dolphins came right up in front of us! They took turns jumping less than three feet from the boat! If I had reached down as one jumped, I could have touched it! That was one of my favorite days fishing. Those three dolphins (one male and two females by their size, I'm guessing) traveled with us going around, under in front of and behind the boat for an hour before jutting off. They always came back as soon as the motor turned back on to go to the next rig. I think they were trying to figure out what we were doing and where we were going.

Im rambling, aren't I? Original question, yes we see dolphins off the coast of Texas all the time. Wild dolphins that do allow you to swim with them on occasion
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!