Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Meet and Greet for the Great Lakes Pod

September Meet and Greet for the Great Lakes Pod

Hello everyone! Allow me to open this thread with a little introduction. My name is Ligeia and I’m a new mer to the community and to the mermaiding world. I live down in the southern Ohio area near Wheelersburg and you can usually find me in nearby lakes! A handful of us on a separate thread thought it would be nifty to have a meet-up in September and stretch our tails out! I’ll be naming a few in this first post but feel free to jump right on in - everyone is welcome.

Intro aside, the following mers have already expressed an interest in the get together so I’ll mostly be using their data in my thoughts on where we should hold the meet up. (Those mers being: iamonlyme@me.com / Mermaid Caspiana / KateyMermaid /TheAutisticMermaid respectively).

Now TheAutisticMermaid is usually swimming around Canadian waters but she’s traveling a bit south in September for a visit! So we’ll be choosing a date around her arrival so she can jump in on the fun.

The mers locations are (roughly) as follows:
    *Ligeia - Wheelersburg, OH
    *Mermaid Caspiana - Canton, OH
    *KateyMermaid - Columbus, OH
    *TheAutisticMermaid - Athens, OH (for a bit!)
    *iamonlyme@me.com - Fort Wayne, IN

There is also a Cincinnati mer who may be joining in as well. Not sure yet on her, though. We may also have other additions which would bring about change (such as if we had someone from WV coming in). As a note - these are just general times from (ex.) “Cincinnati, OH” to “Columbus, OH.” The following seems to be the best result in terms of drive-times, swim spots, etc.

Right now, Columbus seems to be the most economical. In terms of drive-times, this option gives several mers shorter trips. For myself and iamonlyme, we would be looking at a three hour drive easy. Caspiana would be looking at a little over a two hour drive. Meanwhile those in Athens and Cincinnati would have about an hour - almost two hour - drive. Columbus seems to be the closet medium I’ve found so far in terms of equal drive times - save, of course, Katey, as she lives in the area. (There is also Chillicothe as an option and a great alternative for many mers but I’m not familiar with an locations nearby. Definitely need to consider this, though!)

Mers near the northern area may be able to help pinpoint good swim spots. Feel free to post any ideas you can come up with, lovely spots to swim in...anything you can think of! We've got awhile to hash this out so take your time!
    Last edited by Ligeia; 08-16-2016 at 12:03 AM.
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

*screams* all you FINTASTIC mers and I'm still in northern Virginia!

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Whisper - Awwwwwe! You're more than welcome to come join! Though it may be a bit of a drive...I'm really close down to the border (sort of...ish.) So depending on where you're at, maybe a separate meet up is in order! The Great Lakes Pod is sooooo spread out! It would be wonderful to meet everyone - or even just a few!
    You'll remind me

You beat me to it. Haha
    But you probably did it better than I would've. lol

I'll have a little look, as I've looked for other meet-up attempts, for some nice spots. I really hope we can do this!
    Also, maybe we can try to aim at a weekend, because I'll be in school in September. <3
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

So looking forward to this

I would love to meet up and make this thing happen!!! hello everyone i am new to mernetwork and mermaiding and would love to meet all of you! feel free to message me about anything i am always happy to make new friends!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook
    yay i am here and i can't wait!!!!

I know Hocking Hills Stae Park
    has fantastic spots for photos and swimming it is about 1 hr from columbus closer to Athens
    but i am open to anywhere just need a date so i can take the time off of work

Okay so anyone made that Facebook page? Or should I just go ahead and post the link when I am done?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAutisticMermaid View Post
    Okay so anyone made that Facebook page? Or should I just go ahead and post the link when I am done?
    Go ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Iamonlyme@me.com View Post
    I know Hocking Hills Stae Park
    has fantastic spots for photos and swimming it is about 1 hr from columbus closer to Athens
    but i am open to anywhere just need a date so i can take the time off of work
    This is a fantastic idea! Right now I'm leaning towards the Twin Quarries in Circleville but I wanted to ask Mermaid Katey about it. (When I get a chance...things have been insanely busy for me lately!) Lake Logan is nearby the Hocking Hills State Park if I'm not mistaken? Or am I thinking of something completely else?

I haven't made it (I've been too busy). It doesn't look as if Mermaid Tami has had the chance either. If you want to make it then go for it!
    You'll remind me

Also...TheAutisticMermaid...you get here on September 14th, right? How long will you be staying here? Mermaid Caspiana will be in school so a weekend would be best for her. So I was thinking September 17th may be a good idea. I'd like to include as many people as possible!
    You'll remind me

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
    This is a fantastic idea! Right now I'm leaning towards the Twin Quarries in Circleville but I wanted to ask Mermaid Katey about it. (When I get a chance...things have been insanely busy for me lately!) Lake Logan is nearby the Hocking Hills State Park if I'm not mistaken? Or am I thinking of something completely else?

I haven't made it (I've been too busy). It doesn't look as if Mermaid Tami has had the chance either. If you want to make it then go for it!
    Yes I also believe it is lake Logan

I will be there until December

Yes I also believe it is lake Logan
    I know the Hocking Hills area takes up several different attractions (including Old Man's Cave, Lake Hope and so on). But they're pretty spread apart. I've never been out to that particular lake but, from what I'm seeing, it looks pretty! Was that the lake you were meaning or somewhere else within the area?
    You'll remind me

I will be there until December
    Oh!! That is fantastic! So we have time. It seems like the 17th may be the best time to do it!
    You'll remind me

September Meet and Greet for the Great Lakes Pod

Well lake Logan is great for swimming old mans cave is great for photos I am a photographer and I would be will do do shots for any mers who show up at no cost of course here is the prime photo place inside old mans cave Name:  IMG_0429.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  7.2 KB
    The 17th works for me my daughter is so excited I am hoping my tail is ready by than if not I will wear a fabric one and one of my sons is thinking of coming with his tail

Well lake Logan is great for swimming old mans cave is great for photos I am a photographer and I would be will do do shots for any mers who show up at no cost of course here is the prime photo place inside old mans cave Name:  IMG_0429.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  7.2 KB
    The 17th works for me my daughter is so excited I am hoping my tail is ready by than if not I will wear a fabric one and one of my sons is thinking of coming with his tail

I used to visit Old Man's Cave frequently. It is gorgeous out there during the summer and after a fresh rain! I think that would be fun! Maybe we could have a shoot earlier in the day (for those who wanted one) and then swimming shortly after. Or something like that. I'm definitely open to ideas!
    You'll remind me

I am also open to anything anyone wants to do I will be doing photos with my daughter either before or after depending on meet time

OMG that location is gorgeous and like a fantasy! We can turn it into a mermaid lagoon for the shoot! So fantastic! I am also a photographer and would love to grab some shots as well before I get into my tail.