Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: September Meet and Greet for the Great Lakes Pod

  1. #41
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    179
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAutisticMermaid View Post
    Yep it's official, just booked my tickets and will be flying out in September and we have our own private beach!!!
    Attachment 38874
    Attachment 38875
    Man wish we could meet there lol nice make sure to share pictures


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #42
    Anyone who wants to fly over is welcome to come stay with us for a bit, we are there for 3-4 months

  3. #43
    Ok slowly catching up on this thread!
    Hocking hills is gorgeous, but there is significant hiking involved. Those with heavy or large tails may have trouble getting down to the lagoons. It's not an easy flat hike either

    Twin quarries is nice. It's deep--no real beach entry. Typically it's divers only, but im sure the dive shop that manages it would be ok with mermaids. He's let mermaids swim there in the past. There are no safety measures in place at twin quarries. Just FYI.

    There is Cesar Creek in southern Ohio off of 71 between Cinci and Columbus. State park, beaches, fairly clean and warm water.
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website


  4. #44
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    179
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook
    I have only ever been to hocking hills but I am up for anything


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAutisticMermaid View Post
    Yep it's official, just booked my tickets and will be flying out in September and we have our own private beach!!! And my tailmaker is going to be meeting me there to hand deliver me my silicone tail!
    Attachment 38874
    Attachment 38875
    Oh you lucky duck... <3 Well we'll miss you and have so much fun! Hopefully next time!
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

    <3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

    <strike>
    </strike>

    Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

    Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

    Swim by my YouTube channel!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

    ~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~


  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by KateyMermaid View Post
    Ok slowly catching up on this thread!
    Hocking hills is gorgeous, but there is significant hiking involved. Those with heavy or large tails may have trouble getting down to the lagoons. It's not an easy flat hike either

    Twin quarries is nice. It's deep--no real beach entry. Typically it's divers only, but im sure the dive shop that manages it would be ok with mermaids. He's let mermaids swim there in the past. There are no safety measures in place at twin quarries. Just FYI.

    There is Cesar Creek in southern Ohio off of 71 between Cinci and Columbus. State park, beaches, fairly clean and warm water.
    Maybe if we d Hoocking Hills, we could all figure out some sort of backpack mechanism for those with bigger and/or heavier tails. Because ever since I coated mine in silicone, it became a lot heavier. Lol

    Also I looked up Caesar Creak. It is really pretty.


    And Twin Quarries does look nice, but deep yes. Lol And with the lack of pictures on google, it doesn't look like there are that many spots to take a breather or photos for that matter. Lol

    Hopefully by next summer, it won't be completely flooded, but a few years ago we started going to Summersville Lake, WV for boating, camping, and cliff jumping (it's so much freaking fun lol), but this year, the dam flooded everything, like majorly, there were several deaths. It's bad. But hopefully next year we go and I can let some of you know because it's really beautiful and fun.
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

    <3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

    <strike>
    </strike>

    Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

    Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

    Swim by my YouTube channel!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

    ~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by KateyMermaid View Post
    Ok slowly catching up on this thread!
    Hocking hills is gorgeous, but there is significant hiking involved. Those with heavy or large tails may have trouble getting down to the lagoons. It's not an easy flat hike either

    Twin quarries is nice. It's deep--no real beach entry. Typically it's divers only, but im sure the dive shop that manages it would be ok with mermaids. He's let mermaids swim there in the past. There are no safety measures in place at twin quarries. Just FYI.

    There is Cesar Creek in southern Ohio off of 71 between Cinci and Columbus. State park, beaches, fairly clean and warm water.
    This was something I was worried about with the photo shoot idea. But I wasn't sure how many with heavier tails were planning on tagging along. Somewhere like Lake Logan wouldn't be an issue but the hike needed for the Old Man's Cave area would be rough on those toting silicone. Cesar Creek is gorgeous! I've never been there but if it is half as gorgeous as the photos, I definitely will be making a trip! As for Twin Quarries...I've had a few people tell me to go there. But so far, you're the only one with much feed back on it. :/

    On an additional note...I'm heading out to the Rocky Fork State Park in Hillsboro on Saturday. I've heard it is nice out there. I'll have to give some feed back once I've scoped it out!
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

  8. #48
    The backpack idea I was talking about, could maybe be something like this, with a little more support since this is for fabric tails, but gets the idea flowing lol.
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

    <3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

    <strike>
    </strike>

    Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

    Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

    Swim by my YouTube channel!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

    ~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~


  9. #49
    hey was thinking about going to the dunes in Indiana

  10. #50
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    179
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by merstorm View Post
    hey was thinking about going to the dunes in Indiana
    The dunes are beautiful


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Caspiana View Post
    The backpack idea I was talking about, could maybe be something like this, with a little more support since this is for fabric tails, but gets the idea flowing lol.
    That's not a bad idea for a lightweight tail. But that kind of fabric and thin straps won't support anything more than 10-15lbs.
    House of Flynn makes a mermaid backpack for $230. Seriously tempted to get one. It was designed to hold the largest merbellas fluke

    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website


  12. #52
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    179
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook
    Nice


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #53
    The dunes are gorgeous! But over a six hour drive for me. I'm not sure that I could make that.

    As for the backpacks...those are gorgeous, Katey! And extremely convenient.

    Rocky Fork was lovely! I had a ton of fun. There is a bit of underwater plant life right as you get into the water but it only lasts for a little over a food. The area was surprisingly clean as well! I was definitely not used to the tide formed by boats as I usually swim in a still lake but it wasn't hard to get used to. The area itself was big enough for you splash around with little to no fear of running into someone. The clarity, though, is a bit rough. But better than my area for sure! There were quite a few people who wanted to know about our tails/touch them/etc. There was even a woman from Buffalo who was kicking herself for not having a camera on hand. It was entertaining! The other mer I went with and I had a blast!
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

  14. #54
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Iamonlyme@me.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    179
    Add Iamonlyme@me.com on Facebook

    September Meet and Greet for the Great Lakes Pod

    My daughter had her first mermaid experience with little kids we went to the lake today and she stayed in persona since there were so many little kids around. ( man she was heavy to carry out lol) but she did great and the kids had fun "petting" her tail Name:  IMG_0519.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  5.7 KBName:  IMG_0526.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  7.7 KBName:  IMG_0529.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  7.2 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Iamonlyme@me.com; 08-28-2016 at 06:19 PM.

  15. #55
    I really want to go but should not go alone was hoping to find someone to meet there or have someone go with to the dunes

  16. #56
    @Iamonlyme - GORGEOUS tail! Your daughter looks lovely and so excited. I'm glad she had a good time.

    @merstorm The Dunes are definitely somewhere I have on my mer-list now. But not something I could afford to do currently. Your best bet would be to seek for Indiana-specific mers or those in northern Ohio (closer to the border) to do a meet up with. I recently did a meet up with a mer from Cincinnati since it was convenient for us and required little planning. That may be a great option for you!

    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by KateyMermaid View Post
    That's not a bad idea for a lightweight tail. But that kind of fabric and thin straps won't support anything more than 10-15lbs.
    House of Flynn makes a mermaid backpack for $230. Seriously tempted to get one. It was designed to hold the largest merbellas fluke

    Oh I know those wouldn't work for our tails lol. But it was like an idea starter. And those are gorgeous. If I had the money I'd totally go for one. Lol I might attempt a DIY version. Who knows. Hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
    The dunes are gorgeous! But over a six hour drive for me. I'm not sure that I could make that.

    As for the backpacks...those are gorgeous, Katey! And extremely convenient.

    Rocky Fork was lovely! I had a ton of fun. There is a bit of underwater plant life right as you get into the water but it only lasts for a little over a food. The area was surprisingly clean as well! I was definitely not used to the tide formed by boats as I usually swim in a still lake but it wasn't hard to get used to. The area itself was big enough for you splash around with little to no fear of running into someone. The clarity, though, is a bit rough. But better than my area for sure! There were quite a few people who wanted to know about our tails/touch them/etc. There was even a woman from Buffalo who was kicking herself for not having a camera on hand. It was entertaining! The other mer I went with and I had a blast!
    Glad you guys had fun ! )

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamonlyme@me.com View Post
    My daughter had her first mermaid experience with little kids we went to the lake today and she stayed in persona since there were so many little kids around. ( man she was heavy to carry out lol) but she did great and the kids had fun "petting" her tail Name:  IMG_0519.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  5.7 KBName:  IMG_0526.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  7.7 KBName:  IMG_0529.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  7.2 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awww! Looks like she had a blast! So happy she loves her tail! <3
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

    <3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

    <strike>
    </strike>

    Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

    Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

    Swim by my YouTube channel!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

    ~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~


  18. #58
    mermaid Ligiea and I had a blast at rocky fork state park saterday!!! it was so much fun! thank you so much Ligiea for the meet up and being my friend!
    I hope to meet up with more mers soon or during the meet up in september! is anyone near cincinnati ohio? i know of a pool or two that are fin friendly located an hour from my living quarters. hit me up if you want to swim!!!

  19. #59
    Hey kool I so want to go for a swim thank you ligeia

  20. #60
    merstorm where are you located? maybe we could meet up and go for a swim?!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •