Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 3301

Thread: SHoW Us YoUR TaiLS THReAd!!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidElisa View Post
    This is beautiful!! How do I become a pod member? I didn’t see a tab or link for it after I clicked on it. Also, I just started a nonprofit for suicidal prevention in Youth and needing a tail (1st one) have a fin so experienced mermaid swimmer ..just no pretty costume yet . I’ve poured my own resources into getting it started so have asked the companies to donate one but noone has responded yet. If anyone knows of someone who makes them that isn’t a small mom and pop company that can afford to donate one it’s a tax write off and for a good cause. (Raising money for the endeavor as a mermaid)
    No one of that caliber is going to give away a free tail. Who is going to cover the costs of making the tail when there is no incoming money to pay for it all. Those things are expensive for a reason.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Name:  IMG_9852.JPG
Views: 631
Size:  2.5 KBName:  IMG_6235.JPG
Views: 635
Size:  7.4 KBName:  IMG_6243.JPG
Views: 625
Size:  5.5 KB

I only have this photo in my blue fin fun tail and I am not really a fan of this tail it just feels odd to me. And the other is me in my red mertailor fabric tail with fantasea fin and I love this the fluke has wonder full size and is floppy, thow I was hopeing would be slightly stiffer. Sorry I’m not very photogenic lolName:  IMG_6251.JPG
Views: 579
Size:  8.0 KB

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    No one of that caliber is going to give away a free tail. Who is going to cover the costs of making the tail when there is no incoming money to pay for it all. Those things are expensive for a reason.
    How XTREMELY rude of u!! Your reply should have commended me on this altruistic endeavor !!!!I can see you are low-energies and I don’t want to correspond or connect with anyone like yourself… By the way I’ve already had a major company offer ....
    Last edited by MermaidElisa; 06-20-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    How XTREMELY rude of u!! Your reply should have commended me on this altruistic endeavor !!!!I can see you are low-energies and I don’t want to correspond or connect with anyone like yourself… By the way I’ve already had a major company offer ....
    How is Jaffa being rude to you? She is just telling you that no one is going to give you a free tail. Do you really think that someone will give you something that's easily over $2000 for free? I had to work and save up for a very long time until I had the funds to buy materials to make my silicone tail, which by the way took 2 years for me to make. The dragonskin silicone alone cost me over $400. Silicone tails are expensive for a reason; the cost of the materials and the time and effort it takes to make just one tail. No one is going to give you things for free, you have to work for them. Also, I don't think that someone would want to do business with you, considering that you threw a hissy fit when we told you that no one would get a tail worth thousands of dollars for free.
    Last edited by The Water Phoenix; 06-21-2018 at 01:14 AM.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

she did no wrong. she told no filter truth that you no like. free tails is best chance 2 have process copy and stolen. people like anna browne scam people. that why no one send free tail unless youtuber with respect. mernetwork is friendly place and exchange of talk and idea. what major company so we message and see if true. Jaffa sorry this person mean to you. truth was needed.

Mermaid Jaffa was not trying to be rude to you, she was simply stating the fact that most companies would not send a free tail to anyone, unless they see a Return On Investment, usually publicity to a wide audience (thousands+) in the mermaid community. If you can offer that to them, then maybe you might be lucky to get a free tail but otherwise you need to be realistic.

If you can't afford a tail you can always consider sewing your own fabric tail or casting your own silicone tail.

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    no one will give you a tail for free. what is this major company that is offering one to you? bc let me tell you i would LOVE to get in touch with those guys. not only is your reasoning behind why you deserve a free tail super guilt-trippy and suspicious, you got extremely defensive when you were told that no one will just give you a tail worth thousands of dollars. you have been going on other threads talking about how "rude" jaffa was, asking how to block her, and claiming cyberstalking. no one will commend the "altruistic endeavor" of someone who throws a fit when they're told they wont be given things for free.

Quote Originally Posted by gay-mermaid.memory View Post
    no one will give you a tail for free. what is this major company that is offering one to you? bc let me tell you i would LOVE to get in touch with those guys. not only is your reasoning behind why you deserve a free tail super guilt-trippy and suspicious, you got extremely defensive when you were told that no one will just give you a tail worth thousands of dollars. you have been going on other threads talking about how "rude" jaffa was, asking how to block her, and claiming cyberstalking. no one will commend the "altruistic endeavor" of someone who throws a fit when they're told they wont be given things for free.
    Exactly, excellent point

LOL who even are you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Theres just really no reason to need a free tail for advocating suicide prevention. Its perfectly possible to do that without a free tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    User previously known as "MermaidBonny".

I mean, it shouldn't be TOO hard if you've got a good ed program for suicide prevention to get a grant so you can pay a tailmaker. I'm sure with a legit tax write off from your 501(c)3 and payment to cover the cost of materials, a donation shouldn't be TOO hard to secure.

But you need an existing program for donations of that magnitude, not "I'm starting one up." May I recommend some classes on nonprofit management? They're cheaper than a silicon tail if you're not doing the full degree program, and there's a number of universities who offer them online.

Thanks for the backup my mercousins!

This goes for everyone that joins and tries to beg a free tail...

Its like I said, these tails that you want, they cost thousands of dollars to make. Even if one did find the cheapest of cheap silicone tail, chances are the materials are not safe for human use. Would you want to wear something that's going to make you sick? Or injure you in some way?

No. That's why tail makers use top quality products and in doing so they have to increase the price of the finished product. That's why its so expensive. If you want a tail that bad, get a fabric tail and paint it up so it looks more realistic. Or even better, paint it up using skin safe silicone to get textured scales and fins.
    Last edited by Mermaid Jaffa; 07-02-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Mermaid Elisa, If you know how to sew you can make your first tail pretty easily. That gives you something at least until you can save up. Most big tailmakers do not do this, b/c honestly there are alot of great causes to donate too, so it makes it hard for them. Good luck

Thanks for the backup my mercousins!

This goes for everyone that joins and tries to beg a free tail...

Its like I said, these tails that you want, they cost thousands of dollars to make. Even if one did find the cheapest of cheap silicone tail, chances are the materials are not safe for human use. Would you want to wear something that's going to make you sick? Or injure you in some way?

No. That's why tail makers use best quality products and in doing so they have to increase the price of the finished product. That's why its so expensive. If you want a tail that bad, get a fabric tail and paint it up so it looks more realistic. Or even better, paint it up using skin safe silicone to get textured scales and fins.
    No problem fellow aussie mer!

I'm just gonna squeak in a few pics of my first ever swim in a tail if that's okay

I followed the advice of the forum and went with fin fun for my first tail, and I'm glad I did. My only minor issue with it is my hobbit feet are a pain to get into the monofin cover. Otherwise holy shit, I've never had so much fun in the water in my life. I'm glad I combed through the network first, it was super helpful. You guys are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Erie View Post
    I'm just gonna squeak in a few pics of my first ever swim in a tail if that's okay

I followed the advice of the forum and went with fin fun for my first tail, and I'm glad I did. My only minor issue with it is my hobbit feet are a pain to get into the monofin cover. Otherwise holy shit, I've never had so much fun in the water in my life. I'm glad I combed through the network first, it was super helpful. You guys are great.
    Ooo! Is that the Celtic Green? That's one of my fave colors.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Scrapdragon said, more eloquently than I would have, exactly what you need to hear.

Please post a link to your non-profit status (503c) and an outline of your plan on how exactly you intend to use mermaiding as a therapeutic tool in the prevention of depression and suicide.

Also, hawking your all-natural supplements is not a thing that is done here, either. Go back and read the rules for Mernetwork.

Also, tell us of your "major company offer". I would love to know how I can give away multiple thousands of dollars of work in return for a fraction of that in the form of a tax incentive from your yet-to-be-revealed non-profit.

Edited to rephrase my bitchy original post...Let's return to showing our tails, shall we?
    Last edited by PearlieMae; 06-24-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Erie View Post

You look great! Did you enjoy your swim? I'm glad that doing your research paid off...you'll be silicone-bound in no time!

Ooo! Is that the Celtic Green? That's one of my fave colors.
    It is! I think I managed to grab one of the last they had in both large and medium before they launched the redesign. I have nothing against the newer one, but I liked the darker color of the original better. It looks awesome in lake Erie, I'm so happy with it.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    You look great! Did you enjoy your swim? I'm glad that doing your research paid off...you'll be silicone-bound in no time!
    Thank you!!! And oh God I wish. I've been dieting for a year now, I'm not even going to think about silicone until I hit my goal weight and know I can maintain it, especially with the roughly 2-year wait for production.

Right now I'm eyeing the mertailor royal angel tailskin, but I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with using my finfun monofin with it. I'd rather not buy the $150 fantasea monofin if I don't have to but, I don't want to ruin the skin either, so I haven't pulled that trigger yet.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast