Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: SHoW Us YoUR TaiLS THReAd!!!

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Thanks, guys. When I EVENTUALLY get my youtube vids going (it will happen SOMETIME this year, I promise), I'll make a tutorial and post it in the make up thread. It wasn't actually too terribly hard. The hardest part was that most of the colors came from a friend's kit that she uses professionally so I couldn't directly contact my face with any of the non-disposable applicators. Everything had to go on a tray first, then be applied.

As for the fluke shape, I wanted something a little different. That dumb notch in the middle though was PAIN to work with. I tried using velcro peices instead of a zipper to be able to open and close the bottom fluke. The work was worth it, cuz it worked, but next time I'll probably just do the zipper.

I will post the silicone tail once it is finished. It will probably take around a month to complete.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Angela: Cool tail! I love the blend of blue hues
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

Azurin Luna I am totally in love with your colors. That's like my favorite shade of blue and it goes so well with you skin. I also like the way the black of your fluke is separated by blue. It like totally looks awesome. What's it made out of? Like neoprene or swim fabric? Where'd you get your monofin?
    Raven there are like no words. I wish I could buy one of your masterpieces. Perfection!

Princess Kae-Leah I am so loving the sparklies. There is a special place in my heart saved or sparklies. Especially where there plushie dolphins (aka my favorite animal!). You look sooo totally happy in your tail. The rainbow that the sparklies give off works so well with the deep purple. Gorgeous!

All the tails are just like so amazing. You all look so beautiful in them!

Lotta great work here, I especially like the homemade ones. Lets not let this thread die, post MoAR!!!

Name:  tail 1.JPG
Views: 2871
Size:  60.1 KBName:  tail 2.JPG
Views: 2836
Size:  51.0 KBName:  tail 3.JPG
Views: 2845
Size:  64.5 KB

my three fabric tails. all made by my grandmother
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

cute gem!

I've posted these elsewhere but in case you haven't seen:

The color is off in this one due to the bright sunshine but it's the same green.

Thank you Raina! I was feeling very self concious and almost didn't post them because I felt they paled in comparison to other mers tails. (And I felt fat. And being as I took the photos myself they didn't come out as good as they could have)

Ok, lets see if I can get the images in here. My daughter and her friend wanted tails to swim in and make a series on YouTube. So I made the fins using the Fins Whale tale monofins.

Name:  Finished Fins.jpg
Views: 2839
Size:  104.3 KB

The tops are made from old Swimsuits
    Name:  The Top.jpg
Views: 2848
Size:  98.2 KB

We did a fun photo shoot at the local pool.
    Name:  Shell phone call.JPG
Views: 2865
Size:  148.7 KB

My daughter loves her fin but they have out grown the monofin.
    Name:  Mermaid Ann.jpg
Views: 2909
Size:  112.7 KB

the tails look beautiful! amazing job, rangerbrook!

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Oooo. The tails and tops look lovely! I want a top like that

Wow all these tails are amazing!! I want one!!!!!! lol

And the tail MerEmiliy (Emilie Van Der Elst) made that I REALLY need to resew:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by meremily View Post
    why? its broken?
    Oh it's nothing serious, it just needs to be stitched on the sides. Nothing of you do wrong at all! I've just been lazy. :P

Wow everyone has such amazing tails.

Finally got my tail in swimming order. Still looking for advice on adding sequins and making a new bra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGXhQOcxAn0

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lulu View Post
    Finally got my tail in swimming order. Still looking for advice on adding sequins and making a new bra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGXhQOcxAn0
    Ah! I know you. I've seen you around on the Interwebs before. Brilliant paint job by the way - your tail is one of my favorites.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lulu View Post
    Finally got my tail in swimming order. Still looking for advice on adding sequins and making a new bra. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGXhQOcxAn0
    You tail is so pretty! I love it By the way that is amazing video quality, may I ask what type of camera you used?

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Page 3 of 166 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast