Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: SHoW Us YoUR TaiLS THReAd!!!

Ryan, I love your black and white tail, that's awesome.

So! When I finally decided to admit I wanted be a merman (and Shell got over her shock) we set out to make a truly unique merman tail like no one had ever seen. Too many male tails look like their female counterparts, and frankly I believe this puts off quite a few men from getting into this. I wanted something very badass, dark, menacing. That would look like it could cut you. Shell looked initially at pictures of the Sea Bass for inspiration; I started getting ideas of incorporating design elements of things like HR Giger, and of all things, the Batman symbol. And you know.....I think we succeeded!!! I truly believe that with this tail, no man should ever tell his mermaid no ever again. Get one, and get out there with her.

Name:  3252.jpg
Views: 2688
Size:  35.2 KB

Name:  43076.jpg
Views: 2762
Size:  41.0 KB

Here's a good full shot, although we consider the dorsal to be the crown jewel on this thing.

Name:  225.jpg
Views: 2707
Size:  50.7 KB
    Last edited by Merman Chris; 03-28-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Gosh darn everyone has awesome tails~

Baha I love that shot of you in the pool chillin' Chris xD
    I imagine you saying "Yea I got a tail, is there a problem with that?"
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Kanti that is EXACTLY what I was saying!

I LOVE your enthusiasm and the way your proud of your tail and yourself. I hope I can be like that when I start pro mermaiding, if I start.
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Oh I am not proud of myself at all, I'm just having fun. And I am certainly no pro! I'm proud of Shell, she's the one with the tailmaking skills.

Well you look like one. I could just imagine my uncle in a tail looking something like you in the pool. Except he has a bit of beer gut

Lol!!! Well thank you that is quite a compliment. Glad I quit drinking beer!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Raina, How much did your tail cost that you got from Raven? I love it a lot. <3

Also, here's is my tail and my baby bump. ^.^
    this was the paint testing day.
    Name:  2012-03-10 18.13.41.jpg
Views: 2539
Size:  146.9 KB

I'm sorry that my pictures are all huge, and that I'm kind of all over the forums right now.... *sweat* I didn't know I would love mermaiding this much.
    I'm a little obsessed, right now..... >.<
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lulu View Post
    Finally got my tail in swimming order. Still looking for advice on adding sequins and making a new bra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGXhQOcxAn0
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGXhQOcxAn0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vGXhQOcxAn0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I just borrowed a small consumer level kodak camera from my friend. Hopefully next time my better camera housing will work.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Gosh darn everyone has awesome tails~

Baha I love that shot of you in the pool chillin' Chris xD
    I imagine you saying "Yea I got a tail, is there a problem with that?"
    That's exactly what I was thinking XD Very cool.

Really? Wow that is good quality, I might have to look into it

And Chris it's hard to tell from the photos but even as is that dorsal fin does look pretty epic, can't wait to see more photos

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

I have four tails and another one being made by the very special and very awesome stevie Summers of mermaid parties!

my blue sequins with pearl fringe
    my purple and teal one piece

my light blue tail made by me

and my second to first tail I call this one my swamp fish tail cause i designed after the mullets that aren't really silve but when they are swimming on the surface at night and you shine a light on them they look like silver lol
    Sea Of Dreams, where fantasy becomes reality
    Proud to be a Carni Mermaid!

Thanks Sirena! Here is a good shot of the dorsal from the construction phase:

Name:  WP_000809.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  142.7 KB

Wow. Ur guys' tails look awesome! My one piece turned out to be really bad...

Yep, pretty epic dorsal

Rain Hauger I really like the second, white, one you posted. It's really flattering and has a nice scale like pattern.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Senior Member Euro Pod SeaNymph's Avatar
    Chris, this is really the best male tail I have ever seen!!!
    From Africa: A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor. Itīs the rough times that make what you are!

AHHH!!!!!! That makes me so happy to hear!!!! Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidHaru View Post
    I made my own tail but I'm kind of scared to put the picture on here, because everyone else's are so much cooler! It doesn't look very good- its fabric, lime green, and has a dark blue dorsal fin in back.
    It isn't very good....
    I don't understand how your description makes your tail not good enough. It sounds like a very cool tail.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast