Page 51 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3301

Thread: SHoW Us YoUR TaiLS THReAd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Sin you look awesome. I think I've seen those mer-drawings on deviantART

Harmone, gaaaah! <3
    Thank you! Yes my artwork is on deviantART though I seriously need to update it badly.

Finished a spandex swimming tail for a client this weekend; shipping it today. She wanted Ariel hip fins; first time I've done them & happy with how they turned out. She will flip them down against her hips when swimming.

Name:  10130605945_ea176736e3_z.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  183.4 KB Name:  10130539174_a9f375ff53.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  151.3 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    That looks wonderful! Did you use something inside to stiffen the hip parts, or will the rows of stitching be enough to hold the shape?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    That looks wonderful! Did you use something inside to stiffen the hip parts, or will the rows of stitching be enough to hold the shape?
    Yes I used padding/interfacing; you can't tell in the photo really but the hip fins are standing up off the floor. Had to press them down a bit to get the picture.

I advised the water will beak it down over time but it will almost everything

Looks wonderful! I love LOVE L-O-V-E your work!

Wow, that's so well done!

Love the hip fins, those are fun, and good fin shape too, what monofin did you use?
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    Love the hip fins, those are fun, and good fin shape too, what monofin did you use?
    She wanted the hip fins to look just like the face character at Disney.

Finis Wave which I then modded

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Harmony I LOVE your short hair! I think it gives your tail an extra flair! I've said it before and I'll say it again, those colors were maaaade for you!
    Harmony has some great saying on the dangers of long hair for mers.

Dangers? Mine is long enough that I sit on it and I've never had any mer/swimming problems with it!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ^^ It depends not on the length, but how you manage it xD right?

I don't remember having posted here ...so here's me in my first sequined tail. Unfortunatelmy the top wasn't ready this year :-(

Name:  547100_543328912371908_1904542970_n.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  62.9 KB

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    So tropical!! Sequin tails are so gorgeous

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coradion View Post
    Harmony has some great saying on the dangers of long hair for mers.
    Not really sure what Harmony said, I couldn't find her quote...

But I agree with:

Quote Originally Posted by caltuna View Post
    ^^ It depends not on the length, but how you manage it xD right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Dangers? Mine is long enough that I sit on it and I've never had any mer/swimming problems with it!
    I've been Mer swimming with waist length hair for over 40 years, and not had any problems. Except maybe untangling it after I'm out of the water!

We always said at the Springs... "If a Mermaid cuts their hair short they'll lose the magic". Us old Mer's believe in the Old Magic!

Just curious, what were the dangers Harmony mentioned?

(((Hugz))) and Bubble 'z
    Mermaid Marla
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

I couldn't find any comment on the "dangers" of long hair, either. When you've had long hair a long time, you are used to its quirks. I might have to spend a longer time untangling it, but isn't that a traditional depiction of a classical mermaid? I do swim with it up in a clip or wrapped in a tight bun, but that's usually only when I'm training.

Some people look super cute with cropped hair. I'm just not one of them.

Oh, this is because I just cut my hair, and so kids were asking about why my hair was short, and I said that long hair is one of the main killers of mermaids, because it gets caught in propellers, coral, and fishing lines, which is why that mermaids spend so much time taking care of their hair and brushing it so that it won't get tangled in them. But the reason I cut mine was because an octopus was turned by the kracken to the bad side and tried to kidnap me and I had to cut away and accidentally cut my hair as well, but it works out, because I don't have to worry about the above for now. It's just a fun thing.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Senior Member Pod of New England MerMarla's Avatar
    Thanks Mermaid Harmony! I knew there had to be more to this... A line taken out of context really leaves one wondering... And I love your explanation! I'll bet the kids had wide open eyes and looks of incredible awe when you told them about getting away from the octo-turn-kracken! Way fun!

(((Hugz))) and 'z
    Mermaid Marla

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Harmony View Post
    Oh, this is because I just cut my hair, and so kids were asking about why my hair was short, and I said that long hair is one of the main killers of mermaids, because it gets caught in propellers, coral, and fishing lines, which is why that mermaids spend so much time taking care of their hair and brushing it so that it won't get tangled in them. But the reason I cut mine was because an octopus was turned by the kracken to the bad side and tried to kidnap me and I had to cut away and accidentally cut my hair as well, but it works out, because I don't have to worry about the above for now. It's just a fun thing.
    Once a Mermaid, always a mermaid!
    Weeki Wachee Springs - 1969-1972

Quote Originally Posted by Waikiki Mermaid View Post
    Coradion told you? Lol, he never even answered my message about my old tail. :/ I just ended up sending it back. Still don't have it and she told me she was going to ship it last monday, but I haven't heard from her. I'm excited about my Merbellas tail tho, I just need to get back in shape before I send Raven the measurements. Where are you going to swim?

I tried texting you back and the number kept getting blocked. Are you friends with Tai Truglio?

Quote Originally Posted by MerMarla View Post
    Thanks Mermaid Harmony! I knew there had to be more to this... A line taken out of context really leaves one wondering... And I love your explanation! I'll bet the kids had wide open eyes and looks of incredible awe when you told them about getting away from the octo-turn-kracken! Way fun!

(((Hugz))) and 'z
    Mermaid Marla

I figured she'd elaborate on it, cause I always butcher it when I tell people why AJ has short mer hair and they look at me like "what...?" When Harmony explains merisms it comes out cute and fun, when I do it I think I normally end up sounding super creepy or too pretentious and sciency.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Merley's Avatar
    Add Merley on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Coradion View Post
    I tried texting you back and the number kept getting blocked. Are you friends with Tai Truglio?
    Really? :/ That's weird. I'll pm you my number. That's never happened before. Nope, don't know who Tai Truglio is. Who's that?

Page 51 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast