Thread: Are there any other active social media groups to join?

Are there any other active social media groups to join?

It seems like MN is coming to a slow crawl with activity these days, but I'd still love a way to stay in touch with locals.
    Are there any active facebook groups for Texas? May be Twitter?

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    There is a pod of texas fb page. I just found out recently myself.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of Cali
    https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

Quote Originally Posted by polyhymnia113 View Post
    There is a pod of texas fb page. I just found out recently myself.

I think I applied to that a few weeks ago, but no luck. Is it still going or is Facebook eating requests again?

DFW has gotten really quiet lately but I still wanna meet up and swim with others! We have a pool we have swam at a few times and I have a scuba shop I've made friends with we can swim at and another pool in mind!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    The California Facebook page has also gone rather quiet. I've also been swimming at a local beach each Sunday, and posting my plans on the FB page. So far, no replies, no interest, and no one else has shown up.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Koi_Mermaid View Post
    DFW has gotten really quiet lately but I still wanna meet up and swim with others! We have a pool we have swam at a few times and I have a scuba shop I've made friends with we can swim at and another pool in mind!
    That's awesome! I'm in the Bedford area now, so getting around the DFW is so much easier.
    I would be up for meetup sometime. I'm still sewing my tail, but I have a new mono fin coming in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    The California Facebook page has also gone rather quiet. I've also been swimming at a local beach each Sunday, and posting my plans on the FB page. So far, no replies, no interest, and no one else has shown up.
    Whhaat?! I thought California would be the most active out of the States. Since Hannah Mermaid is a resident and all. I do hope to visit family there sometime next year.

Eeeee I live in North Richland Hills whiiiich is basically Bedford! I go to the Bedford Boys Ranch to hunt Pokemon and I really wanna take my monofins to Bedford Splash to see if they will be okay with tails!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Koi_Mermaid View Post
    How far is the DFW area from OKC???
    I will not be another flower picked for my beauty and left to die.
    I will be wild, difficult to find and impossible to forget
    - Erin Van Vunen

So that would make it a 4 hour trip then. My town is right between OKC and Tulsa. I WILL FIND A WAY!!!
    - Erin Van Vunen

That definitly needs to start happening!
    I just got message that my neoprene is in and sent another big payment in so she can order my monofin and the paint so it wont be long now!!!
    - Erin Van Vunen

Honestly it always slows down in summer- it goes in cycles, happens every year. Even my mermaid Tumblr feed is really inactive right now. Most mers are out enjoying the summer, doing gigs, getting their swim fixes, being out in the sun, creating content for later (when they're not too busy to post). Most of the activity right now is on Facebook Fan pages and Instagram.
    Most mers get the itch to come online onto forums and blogs and groups after summer is over, when they're looking for another outlet for their mer fix :P
    Another part of the cycle I've noticed is there's always some big drama in the spring. Never fails. :P

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Ah, I figured I just came in at a strange time. But, a lull in seasons is good to know. Glad to know that I'm still in the right place for staying in touch.

Got into the Texas group on Facebook and looks like much of the same is happening there.

Hi guys, I'm new - just sent a request on the FB group too. I saw there was a meetup at Little Elm beach - I'm out there a lot of days and wish I had known about it! I live on Lake Lewisville about 5 minutes from the park, and was hoping maybe somefolk might be interested in a regular thing there

This is such a cute forum- I don't actually even have a monofin and tail yet, but found this while researching because I was thinking it would be a fun thing to make and do some photos with.

Scraps

Welcome Scraps! It might be a while before anyone in the Facebook group has a chance to accept new requests. Just a heads up. Its totally cool if you want to come to a meet up, tail or no tail. I haven't been to Little Elm Beach yet, but that sounds like an awesome idea for a regular meet. With the holidays still coming up and work schedules, I think the best thing to do is may be start a few dry meet ups for a bit. Though, with Texas weather, who knows when swim season actually ends, haha!

Cool, thanks for letting me know

LE beach water is FANTASTIC and I estimate we've got at least another 3 weeks of swimming left, maybe 4- it depends a little bit on your cold tolerance and how low the night temps get, LOL, but it feels great in the afternoon right now- water's nice and brisk but not uncomfortably cold, and it's cooling off enough after dark for the firepits to be fun. Lighthouse Grill (the on-beach restaurant) is, IIRC, open through the end of the month, too, and there's an AMAZING brunch place across the street from the park, Bella's.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdragon View Post
    Cool, thanks for letting me know

LE beach water is FANTASTIC and I estimate we've got at least another 3 weeks of swimming left, maybe 4- it depends a little bit on your cold tolerance and how low the night temps get, LOL, but it feels great in the afternoon right now- water's nice and brisk but not uncomfortably cold, and it's cooling off enough after dark for the firepits to be fun. Lighthouse Grill (the on-beach restaurant) is, IIRC, open through the end of the month, too, and there's an AMAZING brunch place across the street from the park, Bella's.
    I have a great need to venture to these places you've suggested. I could always use more brunches.