Thread: (Sold!) Selling My 1st Tail - Purple Latex Mertailor

Senior Member Pod of Cali leeloo's Avatar

(Sold!) Selling My 1st Tail - Purple Latex Mertailor

Hey guys,

So I've decided to sell my old Mertailor tail. This is the same tail as in my profile picture, and was my very first tail. I have the measurements listed below. These measurements are simply measured straight across the tail laying flat, so the actual measurements would be about double:

Waist: 10.5 inches across
    Hip: 15 inches across
    Knees: 9.5 inches
    Ankles: 6 inches
    Length: approximately 38 inches from ankle to top of front waist, add about another 0.5 inches for back

This tail has stretched out on me a couple of times so as a warning it may do this to you too. When this happened to me I just took it to a regular tailor and it only cost about $15 to resize if I remember right. Some of the paint has rubbed off on this tail and I have attempted to fix it in the past but small bits still flake off. I may not have properly heat set the paint but I can throw in the paint I have with the sale. My foot size is a size 10 in US Women's and the foot pockets fit well as the strap has a good stretch to it. I would guess it could accommodate maybe a foot size larger or smaller but I'm honestly not sure. Please let me know if you have any other questions on this tail. I don't really have a set asking price, so make me an offer.

In the pics below I also showed how I took the length measurement as it was difficult to define a set measurement point.

Name:  20160829_180207_resized_2.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  197.4 KBName:  20160829_180129_resized_2.jpg
Views: 1373
Size:  167.8 KBName:  20160829_180101_resized_2.jpg
Views: 1372
Size:  166.5 KBName:  20160829_171821_resized_2.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  271.4 KBName:  20160829_171817_resized_2.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  196.4 KB

It may help you get a few more hits if you posted the price. I think it's too long for me, unfortunately.
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Roughly looking at the sizes it could fit me. How much are looking to get for it?

$200? I am thinking if I purchase it I am going to repair and repaint it.

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay! I thought I set a notification for this thread but apparently not. Ideally I would probably like $300, however if there are no better offers I may be able to let it go for $200 (shipping separate).

Since I have not heard any other offers; Ryan, are you still interested in the tail for $200?

I would like to double check measurements on myself and I also have check finances. I've been on vacation and suddenly got bust at work, so I apologize for the delayed response.

Quote Originally Posted by leeloo View Post
    Since I have not heard any other offers; Ryan, are you still interested in the tail for $200?
    Hello my name is Sarah and I would like to purchase your mermaid tail

If you still have it I'm defiantly interested

Yeah I am defiantly interested as well! Just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously want this tail.

I seriously want this tail. $275.

Hi everyone I am so so sorry I haven't checked this thread in so long, I thought I had this thread set to provide me with notification updates but I didn't get any, I'm not sure if there is a problem with my emai blocking these or something. I received a few private messages as well and have sent replies to them, anyone else still interested please private message me (I promise to check my account!)

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? And would you post internationally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5 foot 9 inches tall. I'd prefer to ship domestically since I have never shipped internationally before but I would be open to it. Any costs I incur though such as customs I would need to pass on to whoever purchases the tail. I'm not sure what those rates typically are.

Tail has been sold! Thank you everyone!