Thread: What Does A Mermaid/Merman's Tail Color Say About Their Personality?

What Does A Mermaid/Merman's Tail Color Say About Their Personality?

Merfolk With RED Tails Are:
    At their best-optimistic, confident, passionate, ambitious, hard-working
    At their worst-impulsive, impatient, aggressive, angry, controlling, a know-it-all, over-confident

Merfolk with ORANGE Tails Are:
    At their best-warm, optimistic, friendly, good-natured, generally agreeable, assertive, determined, tolerant, accepting, athletic, fun-loving, good cooks

At their worst-loud, obnoxious, disloyal, find it difficult to commit, restless, impatient, lousy at housekeeping, forceful, domineering, indecisive, inconsistent, unpredictable, unkind practical jokers, egotistical, self-centered, uncaring

Merfolk With YELLOW Tails Are:
    At their best-happy, cheerful, fun to be with, creative, imaginative, independent, spontaneous, have a modern outlook, good at networking and getting information out of others, intelligent, well-educated, well-dressed
    At their worst-over-analytical, very critical of themselves and others, impulsive, can become bitter and sharp-tongued if crossed, spend money rapidly and unwisely, stubborn, deceitful, arrogant, pretentious, snobbish

Merfolk With GREEN Tails Are:
    At their best-practical, down-to-earth, kind, generous, compassionate, good to have around during a crisis, caring, nurturing, intelligent, quick to learn, gracious, well-mannered, have high moral standards, loyal friends, faithful partners, gentle, modest
    At their worst-gossipy, complacent, self-righteous, self-effacing, prone to envy and jealousy

Merfolk With BLUE Tails Are:
    At their best-reliable, trustworthy, genuine, sincere, responsible, generally fairly even-tempered, loyal, faithful, approachable, friendly
    At their worst-rigid, indifferent, can be quite manipulative but in a very subtle way, emotional, overly cautious, a worrywart, prone to self-pity

Merfolk With INDIGO Tails Are:
    At their best-honest, compassionate, understanding, organized, conscientious, reliable, have a strong sense of justice, intuitive, perceptive, fair
    At their worst-moody, overly dramatic, addictive, workaholic, may not trust easily, may be a show-off, narrow-minded, intolerant, prejudiced, fanatical, obsessive

Merfolk With PURPLE Tails Are:
    At their best-sensitive, compassionate, understanding, supportive, gentle, peaceful, dignified, charismatic, alluring, creative, imaginative, intuitive, generous givers, visionary, love to travel, usually see the best in everybody

At their worst-overly sensitive, overly idealistic, impractical, eccentric, secretive, moody, dislikes responsibility and has difficulty dealing with real day-to-day problems, often late for everything, arrogant, conceited, selfish, self-indulgent, dislikes being imposed upon by others’ beliefs and regulations

Merfolk With PINK Tails Are:
    At their best-loving, kind, generous, sensitive, friendly, approachable, warm, have a maternal instinct, protective, feminine, romantic, sensual, sensitive, optimistic, positive, see the good in everyone, refined, non-violent, youthful
    At their worst-flippant, immature, naive, frail, vulnerable

Merfolk With TURQUOISE Tails Are:
    At their best-friendly, approachable, easy to communicate with, compassionate, empathetic, caring, honest, intuitive, spiritual, creative, sensitive, self-sufficient, has good self-esteem, a clear thinker and good decision maker, organized, confident, good at multi-tasking
    At their worst-self-centered, boastful, narcissistic, egotistical, conceited, impractical, idealistic, unreliable, deceptive

Merfolk With MAGENTA Tails Are:
    At their best-imaginative, creative, artistic, non-conformist, cheerful, optimistic, compassionate, kind, considerate, supportive, spiritual, resourceful, have a good sense of humor
    At their worst-impulsive, either over-emotional or under-emotional, eccentric, obsessive, possessive, needy, selfish, compulsive

Merfolk With BROWN Tails Are:
    At their best-honest, down-to-earth, wholesome, reliable, quietly confident, friendly, approachable, genuine, sincere, have a keen sense of duty and responsibility, loyal, trustworthy, supportive, dependable, sensitive, sensual, warm, hard-working, industrious, reliable, encouraging, frugal
    At their worst-suppresses their emotions at times, overly sensitive

Merfolk With BLACK Tails Are:
    At their best-independent, determined, dignified, sophisticated, intriguing
    At their worst-may be too serious for their own good, may appear intimidating to even their closest friends, demanding, authoritarian, non-emotional, overly guarded, holds things inside and are not good at sharing themselves with others, rebellious, negative, repressed

Merfolk With WHITE Tails Are:
    At their best-neat and immaculate in appearance, positive, optimistic, well-balanced, sensible, discreet, wise, practical and careful with money, have a great deal of self-control, confident, poised, self-assured, self-sufficient
    At their worst-fanatical, overly choosy and fastidious, can be very critical of themselves and others, lonely, prudish, close-minded, inflexible

Merfolk With GRAY Tails Are:
    At their best-practical, calm, cool, composed, reliable, hard-working, independent
    At their worst-indifferent, non-emotional, indecisive, lacking in confidence, pessimistic, unimaginative, uncreative, narrow-minded

Merfolk With SILVER Tails Are:
    At their best-intuitive, insightful, imaginative, creative, a good writer, open to trying new things, resourceful, flexible, open-minded, wise, responsible, sophisticated, dignified, classy, gracious, gentle, non-aggressive, has strong values and morals, romantic, loving, quite modern and futuristic in outlook
    At their worst-overly introspective, moody as they are effected by the lunar cycle and the ebb and flow of the tides, conceited, snobbish, self-deluded

Merfolk With GOLD Tails Are:
    At their best-charismatic, loving, compassionate, warm, positive, kind, tend to be very successful, optimistic, sophisticated, wise, practical, honest, have good leadership qualities, reliable, genuine, trustworthy, cheerful, outgoing, friendly, tend to be a good listener and attract many friends, passionate, enthusiastic, ambitious
    At their worst-stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, may have unrealistic expectations, may find it difficult to trust others, overconfident, conceited

Source-Empower Yourself With Color Psychology

I think the purple describes me pretty much perfectly, both the good and the bad, but my bestie thinks it's one of those personality tests that's vague enough to work for just about everyone
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Add MermaidLana on Facebook Add MermaidLana on Google+
    Follow MermaidLana on Tumblr Visit MermaidLana's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    Merfolk With RED Tails Are:
    At their best-optimistic, confident, passionate, ambitious, hard-working
    At their worst-impulsive, impatient, aggressive, angry, controlling, a know-it-all, over-confident

Merfolk with ORANGE Tails Are:
    At their best-warm, optimistic, friendly, good-natured, generally agreeable, assertive, determined, tolerant, accepting, athletic, fun-loving, good cooks

At their worst-loud, obnoxious, disloyal, find it difficult to commit, restless, impatient, lousy at housekeeping, forceful, domineering, indecisive, inconsistent, unpredictable, unkind practical jokers, egotistical, self-centered, uncaring

Merfolk With YELLOW Tails Are:
    At their best-happy, cheerful, fun to be with, creative, imaginative, independent, spontaneous, have a modern outlook, good at networking and getting information out of others, intelligent, well-educated, well-dressed
    At their worst-over-analytical, very critical of themselves and others, impulsive, can become bitter and sharp-tongued if crossed, spend money rapidly and unwisely, stubborn, deceitful, arrogant, pretentious, snobbish

Merfolk With GREEN Tails Are:
    At their best-practical, down-to-earth, kind, generous, compassionate, good to have around during a crisis, caring, nurturing, intelligent, quick to learn, gracious, well-mannered, have high moral standards, loyal friends, faithful partners, gentle, modest
    At their worst-gossipy, complacent, self-righteous, self-effacing, prone to envy and jealousy

Merfolk With BLUE Tails Are:
    At their best-reliable, trustworthy, genuine, sincere, responsible, generally fairly even-tempered, loyal, faithful, approachable, friendly
    At their worst-rigid, indifferent, can be quite manipulative but in a very subtle way, emotional, overly cautious, a worrywart, prone to self-pity

Merfolk With INDIGO Tails Are:
    At their best-honest, compassionate, understanding, organized, conscientious, reliable, have a strong sense of justice, intuitive, perceptive, fair
    At their worst-moody, overly dramatic, addictive, workaholic, may not trust easily, may be a show-off, narrow-minded, intolerant, prejudiced, fanatical, obsessive

Merfolk With PURPLE Tails Are:
    At their best-sensitive, compassionate, understanding, supportive, gentle, peaceful, dignified, charismatic, alluring, creative, imaginative, intuitive, generous givers, visionary, love to travel, usually see the best in everybody

At their worst-overly sensitive, overly idealistic, impractical, eccentric, secretive, moody, dislikes responsibility and has difficulty dealing with real day-to-day problems, often late for everything, arrogant, conceited, selfish, self-indulgent, dislikes being imposed upon by others’ beliefs and regulations

Merfolk With PINK Tails Are:
    At their best-loving, kind, generous, sensitive, friendly, approachable, warm, have a maternal instinct, protective, feminine, romantic, sensual, sensitive, optimistic, positive, see the good in everyone, refined, non-violent, youthful
    At their worst-flippant, immature, naive, frail, vulnerable

Merfolk With TURQUOISE Tails Are:
    At their best-friendly, approachable, easy to communicate with, compassionate, empathetic, caring, honest, intuitive, spiritual, creative, sensitive, self-sufficient, has good self-esteem, a clear thinker and good decision maker, organized, confident, good at multi-tasking
    At their worst-self-centered, boastful, narcissistic, egotistical, conceited, impractical, idealistic, unreliable, deceptive

Merfolk With MAGENTA Tails Are:
    At their best-imaginative, creative, artistic, non-conformist, cheerful, optimistic, compassionate, kind, considerate, supportive, spiritual, resourceful, have a good sense of humor
    At their worst-impulsive, either over-emotional or under-emotional, eccentric, obsessive, possessive, needy, selfish, compulsive

Merfolk With BROWN Tails Are:
    At their best-honest, down-to-earth, wholesome, reliable, quietly confident, friendly, approachable, genuine, sincere, have a keen sense of duty and responsibility, loyal, trustworthy, supportive, dependable, sensitive, sensual, warm, hard-working, industrious, reliable, encouraging, frugal
    At their worst-suppresses their emotions at times, overly sensitive

Merfolk With BLACK Tails Are:
    At their best-independent, determined, dignified, sophisticated, intriguing
    At their worst-may be too serious for their own good, may appear intimidating to even their closest friends, demanding, authoritarian, non-emotional, overly guarded, holds things inside and are not good at sharing themselves with others, rebellious, negative, repressed

Merfolk With WHITE Tails Are:
    At their best-neat and immaculate in appearance, positive, optimistic, well-balanced, sensible, discreet, wise, practical and careful with money, have a great deal of self-control, confident, poised, self-assured, self-sufficient
    At their worst-fanatical, overly choosy and fastidious, can be very critical of themselves and others, lonely, prudish, close-minded, inflexible

Merfolk With GRAY Tails Are:
    At their best-practical, calm, cool, composed, reliable, hard-working, independent
    At their worst-indifferent, non-emotional, indecisive, lacking in confidence, pessimistic, unimaginative, uncreative, narrow-minded

Merfolk With SILVER Tails Are:
    At their best-intuitive, insightful, imaginative, creative, a good writer, open to trying new things, resourceful, flexible, open-minded, wise, responsible, sophisticated, dignified, classy, gracious, gentle, non-aggressive, has strong values and morals, romantic, loving, quite modern and futuristic in outlook
    At their worst-overly introspective, moody as they are effected by the lunar cycle and the ebb and flow of the tides, conceited, snobbish, self-deluded

Merfolk With GOLD Tails Are:
    At their best-charismatic, loving, compassionate, warm, positive, kind, tend to be very successful, optimistic, sophisticated, wise, practical, honest, have good leadership qualities, reliable, genuine, trustworthy, cheerful, outgoing, friendly, tend to be a good listener and attract many friends, passionate, enthusiastic, ambitious
    At their worst-stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, may have unrealistic expectations, may find it difficult to trust others, overconfident, conceited

Source-Empower Yourself With Color Psychology

I think the purple describes me pretty much perfectly, both the good and the bad, but my bestie thinks it's one of those personality tests that's vague enough to work for just about everyone
    This is such a cute post! So basing my mermaid tails on this now!~Cuteee

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Pod of The South
    I will be moving this summer, most likely to Virginia.

Visit Mermaid Lanier's Youtube Channel
    Silver is me to the T! It's definitely the tail color I want the most.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I don't really match the black tail.

Junior Member Pod of Cali Propontis's Avatar
    I guess it is rainbow for me
    Bee to the blossom, moth to the flame; ​/ Each to his passion, whats in a name.

- Helen Hunt Jackson

Follow Teeny on Tumblr
    I would have a yellow tail, if I was a real mer, and the description is accurate for me.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    <---in total denial over the worst aspects of the purple tail...

It's not easy being purple!

I'm so a turquoise. Good thing too, since that's the color I'm hoping my tail will be.
    "The Mer in me, it's easy to see. Long golden tresses, a heart set free in the Sea."

Senior Member Pod of the Midwest mermaid mazu's Avatar
    My next tail will be gold. I like its description. Slim I would consider your tail to be gray not black

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    I love this because i am secretly laughing at all my friends with tails
    (I also fit turquoise to a T, the tail I am making now)