Hi Mers,
Soon we will be traveling down to Tampa FL to pick up my Grandparents. As the title suggests I want to make sure I can fit in lots of mermaid things to make the trip more exciting. We all agreed last time we traveled to Tampa that taking all those fun stops made the trip far better than just being stuck in the car the whole time. I am definitely looking for locations where I can get out and swim in my tail, but also any interesting mermaid destinations or shops.

Weeki Wachee

The last trip we tried to get in Weeki Wachee but we got there too late. On the way back there was a big storm so they were closed due to the weather. Hopefully this year we will have better luck!

As far as Weeki Wachee goes, if you have any tips of things I have to see or do if I get in let me know. I definitely want to catch one of their mermaid shows. The only time I have been in Weeki Wachee was when I was too little to remember most of my experience (I don't remember watching them perform at all).

Other than Weeki Wachee, do you have any other recommendations?

Here are some other ideas I had:

Swim in the Swanee River - Is there a particular area you like to swim at in the Swanee? We passed over it traveling and I was considering swimming in it because it was so pretty.

Swim in a spring - I love springs so if there is a particular one along the way that is the 'best' spring, let minnow. I will be checking the spring locator map in the meantime.

Unfortunately we are just traveling down to pick up my Grandparents so it won't be a very long trip, but I hope to fit in as much as I can! I have been really stressed lately since this is my final semester in college and the work is piling up, so this is a much needed mini trip for me.