Thread: Mermaid Echo Discovers the MerNetwork

Member Pod of the Midwest MermaidEcho's Avatar
    University of Wisconsin - Madison | Western, WI
    Follow MermaidEcho On Twitter Add MermaidEcho on Facebook
    Visit MermaidEcho's Youtube Channel

Mermaid Echo Discovers the MerNetwork

Hello all!

I've owned a FinFun Mermaid Tail for about two years, and I always thought I was the only one in the world who had a 'weird' obsession with mermaids. A year ago I followed my first mermaid related instagram page, Project Mermaids, and ever since then I've become more and more open and accepting of myself and my love for mermaids!

About a week ago I discovered the MerNetwork and I was absolutely blown away by the broad depth of the network and just how many mers there are! I am so happy to have discovered this place of acceptance!

I just purchased my very first silicone tail from The Mertailor. Now, I know they are not everyone's favorite, but I needed an affordable option (I am a broke college student). I poured my heart and soul into the design and I hope when I receive it, it will be everything I dream it to be!

I also just purchased a top from GreekEmporium on Etsy and I am so excited to receive it! I'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives!

Someday soon I hope to ask my local aquarium, (Sea Life at the Mall of America) if they would be willing to hire a mermaid... currently I am very nervous so it may take a while for me to get my courage up!

Thank you for existing as a mer-community!

Name:  IMG_3301.PNG
Views: 398
Size:  259.8 KB
    Here is my tail design for Mertailor! (Please do not plagiarize this work, it is so dear to my heart!)

Hey Echo! It's Koi from GeekEmporium! I'm so glad to see you here and so excited to get to help you on your mermaid journey! It's so cool you have your first silicone on the way! I haven't graduated past my finfun yet myself. Oh, my dreaaaam is to get to swim in an aquarium with fishies all around. We don't have a lot of clear water here in Texas so I do a lot of pool swimming. Good luck with everything and I'll be sending you updates!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Koi_Mermaid View Post
    Hey Echo! It's Koi from GeekEmporium! I'm so glad to see you here and so excited to get to help you on your mermaid journey! It's so cool you have your first silicone on the way! I haven't graduated past my finfun yet myself. Oh, my dreaaaam is to get to swim in an aquarium with fishies all around. We don't have a lot of clear water here in Texas so I do a lot of pool swimming. Good luck with everything and I'll be sending you updates!
    Hello Koi! I'm so glad you found me on here! I've been telling all of my friends about your tops and showing them pictures of your beautiful shells! I actually found your work on the MerNetwork and that's how I knew I wanted to go through you luckily I live right on the Mississippi, so I guess you could call me a river-mer! I'm also in Madison for college surrounded by water as it is located on an isthmus! And my dorm is literally steps from Lake Mendota, SO lucky!!! Can't wait to hear about updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this thread is kinda old, but sealife MOA is actually where I work! Me and two other girls are working on getting them to let us mermaids swim in the tanks or do birthday parties. I'll let you know how it goes if you're still interested!

WOW what incredible news! I have actually tried super hard to get a job there but they weren't very receptive... I was worried I might have lost the chance forever, but if it's still possible that would be a dream come true!

Just a job or the specific mermaid job? Because we really need people right now!

I tried specifically to be a mermaid performer, but the marketing person said there was no place for my skills there.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    They must had not seen you swim in your youtube videos. Your skills are on point with how graceful you swim.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidEcho View Post
    I tried specifically to be a mermaid performer, but the marketing person said there was no place for my skills there.

Oh wow, I'm flattered. Thank you for the sweet compliment!

No worries, I tried pitching my services to the Sea Life at the Orlando Eye here in central Florida, and I was given the same reasoning. Sometimes they want to remain consistent with their branches, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I'm going to be straight to the point in this post as I want to help in this. Echo, did they give you a reason about your skill or left you with no reason at all for a person of your skill? If you were given no reason, do you think some of the people you know there might be able to get a hint? I'm asking this out of respect and I personally don't need the answer myself. One of the ethic I work by is you can't fix what you don't know what to fix. If it's just they have enough people, is there a way to convince them that you can bring in more money as they underestimated your skill? I'm asking this because mermaiding is all of our dreams and we all were born to do this. Some of us have bigger drive than others for our dreams.

Both you Echo and Celeste, I feel you both can land the position in time. Celeste may have a more difficult path to convince that place but my instinct feels she can make it. Yeah both of places are business but both of those places are ran by human beings. Try different approaches. We are all merfolks here and we are entertainers in our own sense. In moments like these we become bigger than the places in presence. Both you Echo and Celeste, do you both even know if they seen your videos? Found a way to post it on their social media account to make chatter and people excited for you both? Facebook allows video clip for your main facebook pictures. Is that what those places are seeing when you post a nice comment. I have a vision for myself but I want to help everyone along the way and I know you both can get the position in time. Both may have to try to find a way to offer a mermaid swim for their kids birthday party or something just so they know who you are. That way just maybe, they feel the need that it may be beneficial to hire you on.

You both got this. I mean seriously shoot for the moon. Because even if you miss, you are with the stars.

I want to say sorry for my grammar.
    Last edited by Slim; 02-12-2017 at 11:20 PM. Reason: I notice my bad grammar so I'm apologizing.