Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT: MerNetwork forum structure has just been updated

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar

ANNOUNCEMENT: MerNetwork forum structure has just been updated

We just made some changes to the forum structure in the hopes of making things better organized and easier to use. Some sections have been renamed, some have been moved, and some new sections have been created. Let us know what you think here!

Some changes:
    • "Tails in Media" has been renamed "Merfolk Fiction". The section names have been changed and new sections have been added, so there are now places to discuss movies & tv shows, literature, games, mermaid stuff on the internet that isn't news stories about the merfolk community, and a catchall section for other fiction.

• The section "Mers in the News" has been moved to the community section.

• "MerNetwork Challenges" has been moved to the miscellaneous section. "Everything Else" was also moved there, and it was renamed "All Other Mermaid Stuff".

• "Introduce Yourself" has been moved to the Community section.

• "Help and Support" and "Feedback" have been merged into "Help, Support, and Feedback"
    • "Monofins" has been moved to "Making Tails and Accessories".

Right now no threads have been moved, except for when "Feedback" was merged into the section now called "Help, Support, and Feedback". I'll probably try to move some threads to new sections in the future. For example, I'd like as many of the silicone tailmaking threads to be collected under the new subforum for silicone tailmaking as possible. I think that will be helpful to people who want to learn from other members.
    Last edited by malinghi; 10-12-2016 at 12:46 AM. Reason: updating the list of changes that were made

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    I like it !!✔

Edit: Question can I or "we" link our threads be it of any kind to its new segregated areas or would we need to make new threads in their material section?

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Marinus View Post
    I like it !!✔

Edit: Question can I or "we" link our threads be it of any kind to its new segregated areas or would we need to make new threads in their material section?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you asking what will happen to your tailmaking thread for example? I'm planning to move all the threads about silicone tailmaking into the new silicone tailmaking section. You can keep using the same thread. You don't need to make a new one.

So are we not doing a section anymore for sharing mers in the news? Kinda confused about the purpose of changing it to public perception?

Also not sure why change tailmaking to making tails. lol everyone calls it tail making. I like the idea of subsections though.

Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Are you asking what will happen to your tailmaking thread for example? I'm planning to move all the threads about silicone tailmaking into the new silicone tailmaking section. You can keep using the same thread. You don't need to make a new one.
    I think he means will the old links still work to point to things. There's a lot that was laid out in the tailmaking reference guide. will moving it around break those links

After discussing with Winged Mermaid, some of those changes were reversed. We're still deciding on what things to change.

Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I think he means will the old links still work to point to things. There's a lot that was laid out in the tailmaking reference guide. will moving it around break those links
    Thanks Raina! im sorry ifmy form of writing is confusing English is not my mother language.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    Thanks. You understood perfectly Thats the perfect response to my question. Only thing is that its not about what happens to the thread I was just trying to move my tailmaking thread to the silicone sub division but ull be doing that for us?
    Last edited by Marinus Mortimer; 10-13-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus