Well I think this is probably the best place to post this!

I am a long time attendee of DragonCon & will be returning this year as usual. I'm finally getting around to making myself a Little Mermaid costume which is about time since so many people just assume I'm Ariel if they can't figure out what costume I really am wearing. My Husband will be dressing as Jack Sparrow and is looking forward to carrying me around a lot. Anyways I thought I would share some progress pics!

Here is a photo-collage of my actual shells (will be adding more pearls and rhinestones) for my shell bra (which could double as salad bowls; I'm a 34FF) along with my sequin fabric below it and a photo of Ariel on the right that I am going for:

I've started collecting materials to make the fluke part of the tail (along with my sequin fabric for the top part); it's going to be a walking tail/skirt:

Not sure if I will use all the fabrics but just grabbed them to experiment with!

A friend of mine is making the starfish crown (also who made the shells for me) & I should have that soon. Still looking for appropriate shoes to wear!