Thread: Supermoon coming up!

Supermoon coming up!

Well, the brightest possible of all supermoons (moon is closest possible to earth when it is full) is happening on Monday, November 14, 2016.

In the Eastern Standard Time Zone, exact fullness and orbit perigee happens at 8:53 am (5:53 am Pacific Time, 2:53 pm in Europe) For mers living in the Eastern Time Zone the moon will rise about 5 pm and set about 5 am, so it will be right overhead at its highrst point around midnight.

Mers living in the eastern Atlantic, the Mediterranean and the Indian Ocean will get a spectacular view, since the moon will rise during darkness and there will be big Harvest Moon effect with the moon appearing magnified and coloured.

Woo hoo! Mers in Australia & Ireland should make their way to moon pools too.

For the record, a few years ago I went underwater swimming during a spring supermoon when the water was crystal clear, and warm enough for swimming in a wetsuit. It was gorgeous. The moonlight glimmering on the water plants and rocks was surreal.. Make a vow to swim in brilliant moonlight at least once while you traverse the waters of this earth.

The water is seriously cold here now, though. Not sure a 3 mm wetsuit will cut it for going in the water 2 weeks from now. Hmmm . . .

Anyhow, enough of my freeform musings. More info. is here

http://www.businessinsider.com/a-sup...e-1948-2016-11

Also, I found this article on how to take pictures of the moon interesting

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-take-a-...oon-1788768029

I dreaming about this supermoon too, but here in Pamplona it's freezing cold (wa have snow at the Pyrenees yet...) So...
    ...I think the only underwater moon I'll see will be on my tub.

Maybe I'll celebrate with a wonderful bathbomb!

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Quote Originally Posted by Neerai View Post
    Maybe I'll celebrate with a wonderful bathbomb!
    Such a great idea. I want to make a Supermoon Bath Bomb! It could be bright white, no need to add colour, and a bit of coffee could be used to make the pattern of the craters?

Here's my recipe: 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup Epsom salts, 1/4 cup citric acid, 1 tsp. water, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. aromotherapy oil.

I just squish them into a ball by hand. I wonder if you can buy bath bomb molds.

I don't want to give it a cheese scent, though

I wonder what would be a good scent to go with the supermoon theme?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AptaMer View Post
    Such a great idea. I want to make a Supermoon Bath Bomb! It could be bright white, no need to add colour, and a bit of coffee could be used to make the pattern of the craters?

Here's my recipe: 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup Epsom salts, 1/4 cup citric acid, 1 tsp. water, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. aromotherapy oil.

I just squish them into a ball by hand. I wonder if you can buy bath bomb molds.

I don't want to give it a cheese scent, though

I wonder what would be a good scent to go with the supermoon theme?

I'd make it blue but only on the outside, have like a thin blue layer and then completely white on the inside
    "Will you walk a little faster?" said a Whiting to a Snail
    "There's a Porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!"

Tail making progress http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-making-a-tail