Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's New Tails!

Finfolk's New Tails!

Finfolk posted this announcement about a line of affordable tails coming soon, starting at $699 and HOLY CARP!
    https://www.facebook.com/FinfolkProd...type=3&theater
    Name:  GSJHDGSAI.jpg
Views: 3682
Size:  95.7 KB

I was considering getting a Merrowfins basic tail over a mertailor, since I trust them more, but I am considering saving up a little more to get one of these since I have loved Finfolk's designs since I started getting into mermaiding!
    I cannot wait to see the new website and more info on these products.
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I know a bit more about this than what is public knowledge at the moment, because I am facilitating some stuff at Mermania for finfolk. All I can say is I AM EVEN INTERESTED, lol.

Wait a second... In the other topic before the news was released I was saying that it would be cool if it was a monofin. Well, if you look at the scales connecting to the fluke, they don't blend into the fluke like what is classic for Finfolk to do. Maybe the fluke really does detach from the body!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Wait a second... In the other topic before the news was released I was saying that it would be cool if it was a monofin. Well, if you look at the scales connecting to the fluke, they don't blend into the fluke like what is classic for Finfolk to do. Maybe the fluke really does detach from the body!
    OOOOO that would be neat! But would it just be the monofin that they use in their regular tails (the finis wave I think) encased in silicone?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Here's some more photos from the photographer:

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 6.15.26 PM.png
Views: 2628
Size:  255.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 6.15.17 PM.png
Views: 2722
Size:  507.6 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 6.15.07 PM.png
Views: 2711
Size:  357.9 KB

Source: https://www.instagram.com/savannah_kate_photography/

I'm curious what the top part is made out of. It looks like sequins.

They mentioned they use the same monofins as the current silicon tails so the trainer and competitor? They look really small for the competitor though?

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    OOOOO that would be neat! But would it just be the monofin that they use in their regular tails (the finis wave I think) encased in silicone?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Yeah I think it would be the regular monofins they used but sandwiched in the silicone fluke. What comes to mind is this photo of one of Kariel's flukes where you can see the monofin sticking out: https://www.instagram.com/p/0DcPDMI0NI/

Edit: Also, if the fluke can be removed you can then wear their scale printed leggins with it when you swim.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Omg those pics <3 I might just buy one of these! But can I opt for a different type of fluke? Or is there no info on that yet?

Go Finfolk!

Exciting!

*Stalking*
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Summerlilly's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Summerlilly On Twitter
    When are they planning on telling us everything? I'm dying over here. :P But wait ooooh Raina said she had insider info...
    Spill it!
    Ok...Just kidding but I'm so excited!!
    beep boop get some soup

I am so pumped for these. I've been planning on get an upgrade for this coming season and these look fantastic. I can't wait to see the information, once it is released.

If Raina is interested, then this has piqued my curiosity even more so!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    It's like the tide, always falling and rising
    I will carry you here in my heart
    You'll remind me
    That come what may, I know the way
    I am Moana - Disney's Moana

Has anyone had trouble with the response time for already ordered Tails? I put my order in and never heard anything. Do you think the new product will set current orders back??

I was saving for MerNation's "Genesis Tails", but I think I'm going to change my mind, since this is less than half of that price.
    I'm also just wondering if different fluke shapes will be available at an extra price. I can't wait to find out *eeeeek*

I have a feeling that these tails won't be made in full silicone, and I don't really expect them to be either, for such a good price.
    I'm super excited, as I've only ever owned fabric tails!!

I was gonna get a mertailor, but these ones are wonderful! what color seams are they gonna be in.

Wow, how exciting!
    This seems like a perfect middle ground between a fabric tail and a full, expensive silicone.
    I wonder what the body of the tail is made of. It looks like it could be sequins or individual plastic plates, but also like they could be molded?
    Definitely can't wait to see the full description and possible customization options when the new site goes up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lazuli View Post
    Wow, how exciting!
    This seems like a perfect middle ground between a fabric tail and a full, expensive silicone.
    I wonder what the body of the tail is made of. It looks like it could be sequins or individual plastic plates, but also like they could be molded?
    Definitely can't wait to see the full description and possible customization options when the new site goes up!
    They look like sequins or something similar to me. But I'd think that would take too long to craft, given the time frame they've claimed.

Fingers crossed they have one to fit my shortness, once announced!
    You'll remind me

Quote Originally Posted by BritskyPop View Post
    Has anyone had trouble with the response time for already ordered Tails? I put my order in and never heard anything. Do you think the new product will set current orders back??
    they just got back from a trip and I know they were making tails right up to the second they left, and made tails the second they got back. Because of my insider knowledge, I do not believe this new project should change existing customer's wait times very much if at all. Obviously this is not an official statement. But from what I have discussed with them it really doesn't seem like it should affect anything due to how they've set it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post
    They look like sequins or something similar to me. But I'd think that would take too long to craft, given the time frame they've claimed.

Fingers crossed they have one to fit my shortness, once announced!
    They're raised individual scales, but yes they give a sequin appearance (I think due to the pigment they get that extra shine that sequins get)

Thank you! I was worried...

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    They're raised individual scales, but yes they give a sequin appearance (I think due to the pigment they get that extra shine that sequins get)
    INDIVIDUAL SCALES?! Yup. Definitely getting one now. Though I'll likely have to wait until income tax. These look phenomenal and I'm definitely eyeing that blue one!
    You'll remind me